Mount Mahawu351 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kakaskasen Satu, North Tomohon, Tomohon City, North Sulawesi, Indonesia, Manado
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Volcano
A stratovolcano that stands as an attractive landmark of the North Sulawesi province of Indonesia is a drive away from the city of Manado.
Multiple private tours operate to the mountain for a guided expedition, but the most non-touristy way of exploring the place is by hiking to the mountain!
Capped with 180 meter wide and 140 meter crater, this mountain is one of the most striking places to visit from Manado.
Mount Mahawu Travel Tips
- Guided tours are available and recommended
- Accommodation is available
- Tour packages including accommodation, tour to highlands and activities are available.
Mount Mahawu Hours
- Open 24 hours, day time visit recommended.
How to Reach Mount Mahawu
- Rented car, tourist bus and hike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Manado before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Manado and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Manado include Mount Mahawu in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
28.57% of people start their Mount Mahawu visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Mount Mahawu
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mount Mahawu