Visit Manali - Best of Manali
Surrounded by the high snow covered peaks of the Himalayan ranges and the crystal waters of the Beas river, Manali is an enamouring hill station that attracts a number of tourists from India and abroad every year. The Beas river here runs along small villages of the valley; the vast Apple orchards and green pines on the hillsides, Manali is a joy to behold.
One of the hippie destinations of India, Manali is known for offering various adventures to the travellers such as trekking, climbing, mountain biking, canyoning, paragliding, rafting and skiing. While for some, Manali might be the best location to satiate their adventure lust, but for newlyweds and families, this is a quaint place to commune with nature. A gateway to Rohtang Paas and Solang Valley, this hill station is a ravishing choice for those who want to reach up the high mountains of India. The whole of Manali and the surrounding region looks magical during the winters when the travellers come here to see and play in the fresh snow.
Apart from these, Manali also claims of mythical and legendary connections that make it a sacred land to visit. Manali is considered to be the same hill side on which Manu, the first human being according to Hindu mythology, rested till the deluge subsided. While exploring the city you will come across a little quiet temple of Manu here.
A blend of tradition and modern day adventure activities, Manali is definitely one of those places in India that catches the fancy of every traveller with its breath taking natural beauty.
Manali Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Manali tips for your visit
- Time Zone- Indian Time Zone, UTC+05:30hours. Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes do not necessarily occur on the same date every year. Note that Manali uses a special half-hour time zone.
- Currency- Currency used in Manali is Indian Rupees.
- Electricity- 220-240 volts, alternating at 50 cycles per second.
- Internet- 3G connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages- Language spoken in Manali is Hindi and local Pahari.
- Security-Police station in Manali - 252326, Ambulance - Tel: 102, Hospitals - 2883305
- Tipping- Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered in Manali.
- Travel Traps: There are hawkers at everyplace in Manali selling Kesar, Shilajeet and Kastoori. Do not buy as none of that product they sell is real.
- Customs: The indigenous population of Manali love to wear hand woven traditional woollen attires that reflect their artistic skills and creative imagination. Representing the religious fervour of the local population of Manali, Dussehra is observed with extreme purity and devotion.
- Go with at least normal woollens in any season, you may need as weather changes.
- Some people may feel sick during bus journey on mountains, so keep something to chew with you, and eat light before travel.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Manali and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Manali- Know before you go to Manali
Facts and Stats for Manali*
Manali: Crime and Safety
How safe is Manali for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Manali.
Burglary and Theft 50 (Moderate)
Mugging and Robbery 25 (Low)
Corruption and Bribery 25 (Low)
Car Stealing 25 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 25 (Low)
Attacks 50 (Moderate)
Drug offense 50 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 100 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 25 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 25 (Low)
Living in Manali - Quality of Life
Safety Index 68.75 (High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Manali
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Manali
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.01 USD
International Movie per seat 3.08 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 30.84 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 61.67 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 38.87 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Manali Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Manali
- Cities Near Manali
- Tahu Tourism
- Shenan Den Tourism
- Tambar Tourism
- Thana Tourism
- Goniana Tourism
- Badbar Tourism
- Tapovan Tourism
- Piran Kaliyar Tourism
- Kasauli Tourism
- Nauni Tourism
- Dhaipai Tourism
- Apra Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Kaneohe Tourism
- Kittrell Tourism
- Ringwood North Tourism
- Pioltello Tourism
- Shallotte Tourism
- City Of Orange Tourism
- Panacea Tourism
- Marion Tourism
- Zaanse Schans Tourism
- Mccordsville Tourism