Great Himalayan National Park8538 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Shamshi, Kullu, Himachal Pradesh 175123, Manali, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +91-1902265320
- Ticket Price: 50 INR
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, View Point, Family And Kids, Nature
A must visit for nature lovers, the Great Himalayan National Park is situated around 110 kilometres from Manali, in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. A paradise for trekkers, the Park was constituted in the year 1984 and was formally declared a National Park in 1999. It covers an area of 754.4 sq. km. (square kilometres) and is host to around 2,300 households spanning over 160 villages.
This park offers a number of trekking trails that introduce you to various species of birds along with flora and fauna. Covered with alpine meadows and high altitude glaciers, this national park does catch the fancy of anyone who loves nature.
Great Himalayan National Park Travel Tips
- Main Park trails are commonly impacted by floods and landslides.
Entrance Ticket Details For Great Himalayan National Park
Per day ticket prices:
- Indian Nationals: INR 50
- Foreign Nationals: INR 200
- Indian Students: INR 30
- Foreign Students: INR 100
- Non commercial video camera- Indian: INR 150
- Non commercial video camera- Foreign nationals: INR 300
- Professional video cameras: Contact Park Director for approval and fees
How to Reach Great Himalayan National Park
- Renting a car or hiring a private taxi is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Manali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Manali and book an accommodation of your choice.
60.86% of people who visit Manali include Great Himalayan National Park in their plan
60% of people start their Great Himalayan National Park visit around 07 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Great Himalayan National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Great Himalayan National Park