Rohtang Pass17782 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Leh- Manali Highway, Himalayas, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +177-2860601
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Scenic Drive, Adventure, Valley
From May to November, you can access one of the most precarious places on the earth; The Rohtang Pass. This beautiful and yet dangerous place is named so (the literal meaning in Bhoti is “piles of corpses) due to its reputation of being an extremely unpredictable place. Nevertheless, tourists love it. The beauty of the Rohtang Pass is extraordinary. It is the highest point in the whole of Manali making it a truly mesmerizing experience. The mist that floats though the valley, the wild animals, the greenery and everything in between makes this place truly magical.
The Rohtang Pass is also famous for its snow-sports that include a huge variety. There is a Himachal Pradesh tourism signboard that tells you of all the standard prices for the equipment so you need not be worried of being taken for a ride. The place is a wonderful spot for people who love trekking too. In a way, a trip to Manali would remain incomplete without the surreal Rohtang Pass experience.
Rohtang Pass Travel Tips
- Please wear thermal inner wear and lots of warm clothes as the temperatures can get ridiculously cold here. Do not rely on the snow coats that they might provide there as they may remain inadequate.
- Avoid flying on the same day as climbing anything to avoid altitude sickness.
- Remember to eat lots of carbohydrates and do consult a physician before you make this trip.
How to Reach Rohtang Pass
- Hire a taxi from Manali.
- Cafe Manali
- Honey Hut
- Hotel Snow Park
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Manali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Manali and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Manali include Rohtang Pass in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
73.42% of people start their Rohtang Pass visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Rohtang Pass
91.38% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rohtang Pass