Rohtang PassCurrently Open
- Address: Leh- Manali Highway, Himalayas, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +177-2860601
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Scenic Drive, Adventure, Valley
Rohtang Pass - Review
From May to November, you can access one of the most precarious places on the earth; The Rohtang Pass. This beautiful and yet dangerous place is named so (the literal meaning in Bhoti is “piles of corpses) due to its reputation of being an extremely unpredictable place. Nevertheless, tourists love it. The beauty of the Rohtang Pass is extraordinary. It is the highest point in the whole of Manali making it a truly mesmerizing experience. The mist that floats though the valley, the wild animals, the greenery and everything in between makes this place truly magical.
The Rohtang Pass is also famous for its snow-sports that include a huge variety. There is a Himachal Pradesh tourism signboard that tells you of all the standard prices for the equipment so you need not be worried of being taken for a ride. The place is a wonderful spot for people who love trekking too. In a way, a trip to Manali would remain incomplete without the surreal Rohtang Pass experience.
Rohtang Pass Information
- Please wear thermal inner wear and lots of warm clothes as the temperatures can get ridiculously cold here. Do not rely on the snow coats that they might provide there as they may remain inadequate.
- Avoid flying on the same day as climbing anything to avoid altitude sickness.
- Remember to eat lots of carbohydrates and do consult a physician before you make this trip.
How To reach Rohtang Pass by Public Transport
- Hire a taxi from Manali.
Restaurants Near Rohtang Pass
- Cafe Manali
- Honey Hut
- Hotel Snow Park
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Manali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Manali and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Rohtang Pass
95% of people who visit Manali include Rohtang Pass in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
62.31% of people start their Rohtang Pass visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
4 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 4 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Rohtang Pass
91.15% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rohtang Pass
Rohtang Pass Map
Rohtang Pass Trips
1 View14 Days 13 Nights14 Day Trip to Kullu, Dharmsala, Dalhousie, ShimlaBy: Guest UserCity: Kullu, Dharamshala, Dalhousie, Shimla, Manali, Kufri
Rohtang Pass, Manali Reviews
This is an amazing place,it's a must visit place once in life. And if you visited once than you will wish to visit it again. It's like heaven on earth. You see a thick layer of snow all around and people doing different activities here. You should plan your next visit to this place in holidays.
A high mountain pass which glorifies the beauty of Himanchal Pradesh. I visited the place in this week of September and there was not much snow left at Rohtang pass, it's still recommended. Lovely weather with beautiful view all around.
A must visit place for any one. Weather is awesome. Sports activities are also good here. Food is good
Maybe it was because of the time of year we went there, but it was not a great experience. The snow was dirty and hard. We spent time there just because of the cold weather and view, there was noting more exciting. Make sure you check on the best time of the year to be at this place before visiting. Getting to this place is expensive as there is are limited permits available for a day, so in season time the taxis with permit charge very high amounts. Also, there is considerable walk on slope from parking area to the place where you find snow
Best place to visit in May June for snow. Snow clad mountain makes us feel in heaven. A place to enjoy snow in summer.
All QuestionsRohtang pass
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal