The heart of the world’s largest tropical forest presents the city of Manaus the more you say, the less it seems. Part of the Amazon Basin; don’t be surprised when you come across a modernized city when all you were expecting was a dense forest cover. Well, the forest cover is very much there, but so is the city which in itself is quite a treat to see.
There are two kinds of holidays you can have at Manaus. One where you see either the Amazon Rainforest or the city, the second one being where you get the best of both worlds! Imagine appreciating the beauty of nature by day and at night, falling in love with the beautiful and emotional ballet performances at the Teatro Amazonas.
Manaus Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Manaus tips for your visit
- Check what vaccinations (if any) are required prior to your arrival.
- Petty theft is common in Manaus, so be careful and aware of your belongings. Don’t carry any valuables when you go sight-seeing.
- Avoid any flashy items like iPads and fancy phones and cameras that might be the cause of temptation.
- Don’t carry a lot of cash on you. Chart out your estimated expenses for the day and carry just what’s needed. Never change your money on the streets; either do it at the hotel or a bank.
- Stick to bottled bottle as tap water is processed differently in Manaus that could cause discomfort to the tourist.