How to Reach Manaus
The Easiest Way to Reach Manaus
- By Air: One of the most convenient ways to get to Manaus is by air. The only international flight to Manaus directly is from Miami. There are domestic flights from Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo that take around 4 hours to reach Manaus. Domestic air fare keeps fluctuating, so book in advance and cross check with your travel agent or on the airline’s website for the correct fare.
- By Boat: If you’re feeling adventurous you could take a boat ride and see a bit of the Amazon by the water. Cruises are common since there are many river tours with several stops that take place along this route. If you’re crossing borders, ensure you have the necessary visas.
- By Bus: While traveling on a budget, taking the bus is an economical option. The bus service is notorious for its slow service, so take the bus if you really have no choice. The bus terminal is located further away from the city’s centre; from the terminal to your destination, you’ll have to rely on public transport to get to your hotel.
- By Tram/Bus: Buses and trams are the best way to get around Manaus. Just remember that between the hours of 7-8 AM and 5-7 PM, the bus are packed to capacity with commuters going to and from work; you might want to avoid the bus routes during these hours.
- By Bus: Buses 306 and 813 are the ones most tourists take as they run along the routes of the major attractions. Bus stops are easy to miss, so inform the driver where you want to get off and keep your eyes peeled to the road.
- By Taxi: Taxis are another way to see the town, but they can turn out to be quite an expensive affair. You could always ask the hotel you’re staying to call you a cab or recommend a safe taxi service.
Modes of Transportation in Manaus
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Manaus. The most preferred mode of transport in Manaus is Car.
Average distance: 8.5 km Average time: 40 min
Car 75%Driving 28.33 min Overall average time for 9.17 kms 28.33 min
Walking 25%Walking 45 min Bus 15 min Waiting 15 min Overall average time for 6.5 kms 75 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Curitiba
- How To Reach Brasilia
- How To Reach Gramado
- How To Reach Ouro Preto
- How To Reach Maceio
- How To Reach Florianopolis
- How To Reach Balneario Camboriu
- How To Reach Bonito
- How To Reach Aracaju
- How To Reach Porto Seguro
- Cities Near Manaus
- How To Reach Rio De Janeiro
- How To Reach Belo Horizonte
- How To Reach Recife
- How To Reach Joao Pessoa
- How To Reach Belem
- How To Reach Porto Alegre
- How To Reach Campos Do Jordao
- How To Reach Armacao Dos Buzios
- How To Reach Foz Do Iguacu
- How To Reach Petropolis