Teatro AmazonasCurrently Open
- Address: Avenida Eduardo Ribeiro, Centro, Manaus - AM, 69025-140, Brazil Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-9236221880
- Ticket Price: 10 BRL
- Tags: Entertainment, Performance, Stage Show, Concert, Family And Kids, Opera House
It wouldn’t be wrong to describe the Teatro Amazonas as the opera of the Amazon. This beautiful Renaissance styled opera house built in the 1800s stood as a sign of prosperity and rivalry of the Brazilian barons’ European counterparts, during the rubber boom.
The Teatro Amazonas is one of the prime locations of the Opera Festival held in April/May, it’s also home to the Amazonas Philharmonic Orchestra which perform and practice at the Teatro on a regular basis. Every Monday, there’re concerts and performances that are free for all, so if you can, catch a performance here. Guided tours are the only way to see the Teatro Amazonas, which take place every half an hour from 9 am.
Teatro Amazonas Travel Tips
- The only way to visit the Teatro Amazonas is through a guided tour.
- Half an hour tours are conducted every day between 9am and 4pm.
- Last entry for the tour is at 4pm.
- The Teatro does not conduct tours on Sundays.
How to Reach Teatro Amazonas
- Rua Dez de Julho, 78 (bus stop).
- Tambaqui Mania
- Churrascaria Bufalo
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Manaus before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Manaus and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Teatro Amazonas Address: Avenida Eduardo Ribeiro, Centro, Manaus - AM, 69025-140, Brazil
- Teatro Amazonas Contact Number: +55-9236221880
- Teatro Amazonas Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Teatro Amazonas Price: 10 BRL
- Best time to visit Teatro Amazonas(preferred time): 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Manaus include Teatro Amazonas in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
92.45% of people start their Teatro Amazonas visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Teatro Amazonas
91.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Teatro Amazonas
People normally club together Igreja Sao Sebastiao and Amazon Theatre while planning their visit to Teatro Amazonas.
People also prefer to start their day with Teatro Amazonas.
Teatro Amazonas Reviews & Ratings
What performances going on in 2023 for Festival Amazonas de Opera? How yo get tickets?Answer Report Abuse
Will there be a performance between November 12th. and 21st ? Can we buy tickets to a performance ? Thanks, ElizabethAnswer Report Abuse
We are staying in Cumbuco,for three months Jan.- April, what is the distance to Manaus, and would you suggest driving, we are planing on renting a car for our duration. Or would it be advisable to travel by bus?Answer Report Abuse
Hi Alec. I suppose you are asking the distance between Cumbuco and Manaus. Manaus is more than 4,000 kilometers away from Cumbuco. As I am not sure how good the bus transport service is, I would say renting a car is a good option.Report Abuse