Teatro Amazonas, ManausCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Avenida Eduardo Ribeiro, Centro, Manaus - AM, 69025-140, Brazil
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-9236221880
- Ticket Price: 10 BRL
- Tags: Tour, Entertainment, Performance, Stage Show, Concert, Family And Kids, Opera House
About Teatro Amazonas, Manaus
It wouldn’t be wrong to describe the Teatro Amazonas as the opera of the Amazon. This beautiful Renaissance styled opera house built in the 1800s stood as a sign of prosperity and rivalry of the Brazilian barons’ European counterparts, during the rubber boom.
The Teatro Amazonas is one of the prime locations of the Opera Festival held in April/May, it’s also home to the Amazonas Philharmonic Orchestra which perform and practice at the Teatro on a regular basis. Every Monday, there’re concerts and performances that are free for all, so if you can, catch a performance here. Guided tours are the only way to see the Teatro Amazonas, which take place every half an hour from 9 am.
Teatro Amazonas Information
- The only way to visit the Teatro Amazonas is through a guided tour.
- Half an hour tours are conducted every day between 9am and 4pm.
- Last entry for the tour is at 4pm.
- The Teatro does not conduct tours on Sundays.
How To reach Teatro Amazonas by Public Transport
- Rua Dez de Julho, 78 (bus stop).
Restaurants Near Teatro Amazonas
- Tambaqui Mania
- Churrascaria Bufalo
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Manaus before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Manaus and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Teatro Amazonas
95% of people who visit Manaus include Teatro Amazonas in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
66.67% of people plan their visit to Teatro Amazonas between 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Teatro Amazonas
92.26% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Teatro Amazonas