Manchester TownhallCurrently Closed
- Address: Town Hall, Albert Square, Manchester, Lancashire M60 2LA, United Kingdom
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1612345000
- Ticket Price: 6 GBP
- Tags: Art And Culture, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Tower, Architecture
The “Townhall” of any city used to be the most important building in the city in old England. Manchester’s Townhall or the Manchester City Council, still remains to be a very important political station in the place. However, the building is as old and rustic as it gets, making it both an important state machinery and a huge tourist attraction.
This neo-gothic building with its single imposing clock-tower is an undoubted must see in Manchester. The brown building and the courtyard around it are certainly great places to take pictures but it is also worth the while to take a town hall tour. You will be able to book one through various local agencies and there are several packages to choose from. The interiors of the town hall make it completely worth the effort. The building is as rustic and well-preserved inside out so don’t miss it.
Another interesting time to visit this place is Christmas. A dainty little Christmas market is usually set up here where you can buy trinkets, souvenirs and other Christmas specialties.
- It is better to book in advance as a limited number of people are allowed in every day.
- The ticket price is approximate and depends on the kind of tour you choose and where you book it from.
- St Peter’s Square Station (Train)
- The Armenian Taverna
- Jack Spratt
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Manchester before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Manchester and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.72% of people who visit Manchester include Manchester Townhall in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
43.73% of people start their Manchester Townhall visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Manchester Townhall
51.23% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Manchester Townhall