The Village Tours
About The Village, Manchester
The Gay Village or simply “The Village” of Manchester was one of the oldest gay communities in Europe. From the LGBT community’s standpoint, this place is historic in the sense that it was one of the first few areas to become a center point as a space for the community. While it was initially used as a place to hide by them, it was later turned into a place which was safe and celebrated the lifestyle instead of hiding it. It was also the place from where the movement for equality was headed, making it even more important.
What began with a couple of bars on Canal Street has turned into a very popular gay district in the city and has inspired many around the world. Even today, it is a very popular place to hang out in regardless of sexual orientation. The bright and colorful bars and restaurants that dot the area make it THE place to be for night owls. The party scene is tremendous and even during the day you will be able to see several parades and rallies going on here.
In short, if you love to drink, party, and have a good time, there is no better place to do it than this lovely historic district. The swanky and hip bars and clubs welcome one and all.
The Village Information
- Some of the bars in east village are Taurus, Velvet, Tribeca, Blue Bar, Crunch Bar, Vanilla and many more.
Restaurants Near The Village
- Bella Italia
- El Rincon
- Ocean Treasure
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Manchester before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Manchester and book an accommodation of your choice.
Book The Village Tickets And Tours
Enjoy unlimited internet everywhere in England with 4G-LTE Pocket WiFi. Stay connected anytime and avoid data roaming charges for your next travel in England.
Come and enjoy fantastic comedy acts from the national and international circuit at Frog & Bucket Comedy Club in Manchester. The venue's flagship show, the Barrel of Laughs, show takes place every Friday and Saturday night.
Travel from your Manchester accommodations to the Manchester airport in style. Private transfer services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and all cars come with fresh bottled water, newspapers and wet wipes to get the airport grime off your hands.
Spend four days on a narrowboat adventure from the urban canals of Manchester to the rolling hills of the Peak District! While exploring the regionâs little-used network of canals, help the boatâs hosts and get involved with all aspects of narrowboat cruising, such as navigating locks, moving gates and more. Boating experience isnât necessary; all thatâs required is an adventurous spirit and a good standard of fitness to cope with the physical demands of narrowboat cruising. Boat-cooked meals are included, as well as free time to visit the bars of Manchester and enjoy a walk to historic mill ruins in Torrs Riverside Park.
Share your experience - Rate The Village, Manchester
- Other Attractions
- Museum Of Broken Relationships
- Gornji Grad
- Mirogoj Cemetery
- St. Marks Church
- Zagreb Cathedral
- Dolac Farmer Market
- Croatian Museum Of Naive Art
- Jarun Lake
- Maksimir Park And Zagreb Zoo
- Medvedgrad And Medvednica
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 5 Star Hotels Near Museum Of Broken Relationships
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Gornji Grad
- 5 Star Hotels Near Mirogoj Cemetery
- Budget Hotels Near St. Marks Church
- Hotels Near Zagreb Cathedral
- Cheap Hotels Near Dolac Farmer Market
- Luxury Hotels Near Croatian Museum Of Naive Art
- 5 Star Hotels Near Jarun Lake
- Luxury Hotels Near Maksimir Park And Zagreb Zoo
- Hotels Near Medvedgrad And Medvednica
- City Tripplans
- Manchester Itinerary 7 Days
- Manchester Itinerary 5 Days
- Manchester Itinerary 3 Days
- Manchester Itinerary 4 Days
- Manchester Itinerary 6 Days
- Manchester Itinerary 2 Days
- Manchester Itinerary 1 Day
- UK Itinerary 2 Weeks
- UK Itinerary 1 Week
- Euro Trip