Are you looking for what to do in Manchester?
PLACES TO SEE
What to see Manchester has a rich history and vibrant and cosmopolitan culture. Whether you want to visit historical sites or get to know the people, you will not be disappointed. Here are a few suggestions.
- The Old Trafford: If you are a Manchester United fan, you obviously know exactly what Old Trafford is. For those who don’t know, Old Trafford is the home stadium of one of the two major clubs in Manchester; Manchester United, of course. Football fans will love to visit this lovely stadium whether they love the club or not.
- The Village: The Gay Village or simply “The Village” of Manchester was one of the oldest gay communities in Europe. From the LGBT community’s standpoint, this place is historic in the sense that it was one of the first few areas to become a center point as a space for the community.
- Castlefield: The site of the original Roman settlement Mamucium with walls that still stand over two meters high. It is also the centre of the city’s canal walk and an important historical monument for the city making it a worthwhile trip.
- Manchester Jewish Museum: The Manchester Jewish Museum tells the story of the Jewish population in Manchester which is quite large. Housed in the former Spanish-Portuguese synagogue that used to be the heart of the Jewish quarter, the museum is closed on Jewish holidays.
- The Museum of Science and Industry: The Museum of Science and Industry is a very unique museum worth visiting in Manchester. The museum is housed in pretty rustic buildings that are worth a note and it is home to some amazing displays pertaining to innovation of every sort.
Below we have a list of things to do in Manchester and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Manchester getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Manchester with confidence.