Mancos State Park
About Mancos State Park, Mancos
Mancos State Park is a Colorado state park. It is located near Mesa Verde National Park, the West Mancos Trailhead and the San Juan Skyway. The park is known to have been a dwelling place for Ancestral Puebloans. They lived in the Four Corners area in ancient times from AD 1 to 1300. It was also later controlled by the Spanish for 200 years from the 17th to the 19th century. In 1948 the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation commissioned the Jackson Gulch Dam, and it was officially included as a part of the Colorado state parks in 1987.Wikipedia
Overview of Mancos State Park
Check out detailed information of Mancos State Park which resides in the Mancos. Mancos State Park is often skipped on the visit, owing to the plethora of other prime attractions of Mancos.
More about Mancos
Want to plan a DIY trip? Use Mancos trip planner for the same.
You can enjoy a comfortable stay in the city by booking the best hotels in Mancos like Mancos Inn And Hostel, Ms. Kitty's Country Inn, Mesa Verde Motel and Sundance Bear Lodge.
Share your experience - Rate Mancos State Park, Mancos
What a beautiful and impeccably maintained park! When we drove in after a long day of driving and saw the clean and raked site, we felt welcomed and comfortable. We could tell that the camp hosts took pride in their caretaking, which makes all the difference. We have camped in many places, and it is always apparent when you have good people looking after a campground. The weather is cool and lovely, the sites are well spaced and shaded, and we were so glad we booked our stay here and drove into Mesa Verde rather than staying in the national park. Mancos State Park is quiet with a family vibe, and I would definitely recommend staying here!
The amenities were great. Camp grounds were well maintained, nice and plenty of room. The problem was the people a space next to us and further down. They rolled in about 5:30pm and were loud from the get go. It was not being loud that bothered my family but the vulgar language until 1am. The constant swearing had my 7 year old asking what they were saying. I can tell you all the people's names because they were so loud. At about 8:30pm their dogs got into a skirmish and the Park Ranger came by an asked if everything was ok. The said "everything was ok and they would just drink beer" Soon as the Park Ranger left here is another round of alcohol. Also possible underage drinking was involved. Just no one to enforce any kind of semblance of order. I know you can't choose who you camp next to but someone should have done something about the people that clearly do not know how to camp.
Best maintained state park camping facilities I've ever seen! Sites were perfect when you pulled up and vault toilets were extremely well maintained. They didn't even smell!
Had a great time. Campgrounds were really well maintained, close to the water and toilets. Lots of shade some decent trails.
Be aware this is a self - service park. No one on duty? But it's the Colorado wilderness, so... great little lake. Near mesa verde. We did a summer day trip after mesa verde (stayed at navajo lake sp). Bet this place is neat in winter...
- Other Attractions
- Halifax Public Gardens
- Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada
- Maritime Museum Of The Atlantic
- Canadian Museum Of Immigration At Pier 21
- Halifax Waterfront Boardwalk
- Alexander Keith's Brewery
- Halifax Harbor Ferry
- Point Pleasant Park
- Fairview Lawn Cemetery
- Halifax Seaport Farmer's Market
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Hotels Near Halifax Public Gardens
- 5 Star Hotels Near Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada
- Luxury Hotels Near Maritime Museum Of The Atlantic
- 5 Star Hotels Near Canadian Museum Of Immigration At Pier 21
- Hotels Near Halifax Waterfront Boardwalk
- Cheap Hotels Near Alexander Keith's Brewery
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Halifax Harbor Ferry
- Budget Hotels Near Point Pleasant Park
- Luxury Hotels Near Fairview Lawn Cemetery
- Budget Hotels Near Halifax Seaport Farmer's Market
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Mancos, Boulder City, Grand Canyon National Park
- Trip to Denver, Mancos, La Junta
- 2 Days Trip to mancos
- 1 Day Trip to mancos
- 5 Days Trip to mancos
- 4 Days Trip to mancos
- 3 Days Trip to mancos
- Trip to Albuquerque, Salt Lake City, Moab, Santa Fe, Mancos, Telluride
- 6 Days Trip to mancos
- 3 Day Trip to Mancos from Denver