Events and Festivals in Mandalay
A lot of festivals especially Buddhist ones grace the city of Mandalay. The festival calendar of Mandalay stays vibrant throughout the year.
- Thingyan Water Festival (April): This festival commences the new year in Myanmar and lasts for several days and is marked by major, casual water throwing.
- The Kason Festival (May): This is a Buddhist festival when the devotees visit pagodas to pour water on the sacred Bo Trees, a kind of tree under which Buddha is said to have attained Enlightenment.
- The Waso Festival(July): This festival commemorates the Buddha's first sermon and also marks the beginning of Buddhist Lent.
- Thadingyut Festival (Festival of Lights) in October: This festival is held on the full moon day of Thadingyut, and lasts for three days during which houses and streets are festively decorated and illuminated. This festival also marks the end of severe Buddhist Lent period.
- Elephant Dance Festival in October: This is one of the most fun festivals in Mandalay. It is celebrated with creating full size paper elephants, one black, one white, each with two men inside, as dance through inviting ceremonial crowds.
- November Tazaungdaing Festival in October: This festival is held on the full moon day of Tazaungmon, according to the Myanmar calendar and is observed with lighting and decorating houses and public buildings.
Trip plans for Mandalay
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Mandalay
Mandalay Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Mandalay
Private Half-Day Mandalay City Tour3 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Visit the last capital of the third Myanmar Empire on this 4-hour private tour. Mandalay is situated in the center of the cou...Book Now
Private Full-Day Tour of Mandalay7 Reviews
Duration: 7 Hrs
Join this private day tour to explore Mandalay, the last capital city in Myanmar that rich in culture and tradition. Weaving,...Book Now
Mandalay Cultural Heritage Day Tour5 Reviews
Duration: 10 Hrs
This full-day private tour gives you a chance to see all the best that Myanmar has to offer: from Maharmuni Pagoda, Golden Mo...Book Now
Private Transfer: Mandalay to Bagan14 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Pre-book your private transfer to avoid the stress navigating for taxi services during your stay in Mandalay. Your driver wil...Book Now