Events and Festivals in Mandalay, Myanmar
Events and Festivals in Mandalay
A lot of festivals especially Buddhist ones grace the city of Mandalay. The festival calendar of Mandalay stays vibrant throughout the year.
- Thingyan Water Festival (April): This festival commences the new year in Myanmar and lasts for several days and is marked by major, casual water throwing.
- The Kason Festival (May): This is a Buddhist festival when the devotees visit pagodas to pour water on the sacred Bo Trees, a kind of tree under which Buddha is said to have attained Enlightenment.
- The Waso Festival(July): This festival commemorates the Buddha's first sermon and also marks the beginning of Buddhist Lent.
- Thadingyut Festival (Festival of Lights) in October: This festival is held on the full moon day of Thadingyut, and lasts for three days during which houses and streets are festively decorated and illuminated. This festival also marks the end of severe Buddhist Lent period.
- Elephant Dance Festival in October: This is one of the most fun festivals in Mandalay. It is celebrated with creating full size paper elephants, one black, one white, each with two men inside, as dance through inviting ceremonial crowds.
- November Tazaungdaing Festival in October: This festival is held on the full moon day of Tazaungmon, according to the Myanmar calendar and is observed with lighting and decorating houses and public buildings.
Trip plans for Mandalay
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Mandalay
Mandalay Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Mandalay
Explore Fisherman And Pottery Village New on TripHobo
Duration: 8 Hrs
Join locals in the unspoilt villages along the banks of Ayeyarwaddy river.Sail along the Ayeyarwaddy River and have a memorab...Book Now
Sailing on Ayeyarwaddy New on TripHobo
Duration: 10 Hrs
Take a full day boat trip to discover the ancient heritage of Mingun alongside of Ayearwady river. Sailing by private boat on...Book Now
Save 7%Pyin Oo Lwin sightseeing New on TripHobo
Duration: 70 Days 20 Hrs
local market , Pyichit pagoda , Kandawgyi
Half-Day Mingun Excursion from Mandalay by Boat New on TripHobo
Duration: 5 Hrs
Explore Migun town and notable pagodas with our professional local guide on this half-day tour. Take an hour boat ride from M...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Myanmar (burma)
- Events & Festivals in Ywangan
- Events & Festivals in Kyaw Zi
- Events & Festivals in Bagan
- Events & Festivals in New Bagan
- Events & Festivals in Nyaungshwe
- Events & Festivals in Sa Lay
- Events & Festivals in Kyaukhtu
- Events & Festivals in Yezin
- Events & Festivals in Yangon
- Events & Festivals in Thandwe
- Events & Festivals in Thongwa
- Events & Festivals in Sittwe
- Events & Festivals in Myitkyina
- Events & Festivals in Hkadaung