Events and Festivals in Mandalay
A lot of festivals especially Buddhist ones grace the city of Mandalay. The festival calendar of Mandalay stays vibrant throughout the year.
- Thingyan Water Festival (April): This festival commences the new year in Myanmar and lasts for several days and is marked by major, casual water throwing.
- The Kason Festival (May): This is a Buddhist festival when the devotees visit pagodas to pour water on the sacred Bo Trees, a kind of tree under which Buddha is said to have attained Enlightenment.
- The Waso Festival(July): This festival commemorates the Buddha's first sermon and also marks the beginning of Buddhist Lent.
- Thadingyut Festival (Festival of Lights) in October: This festival is held on the full moon day of Thadingyut, and lasts for three days during which houses and streets are festively decorated and illuminated. This festival also marks the end of severe Buddhist Lent period.
- Elephant Dance Festival in October: This is one of the most fun festivals in Mandalay. It is celebrated with creating full size paper elephants, one black, one white, each with two men inside, as dance through inviting ceremonial crowds.
- November Tazaungdaing Festival in October: This festival is held on the full moon day of Tazaungmon, according to the Myanmar calendar and is observed with lighting and decorating houses and public buildings.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Mandalay
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Mandalay
Save 4%Private Transfer: Mandalay to Bagan14 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Pre-book your private transfer to avoid the stress navigating for taxi services during your stay in Mandalay. Your driver wil...
Save 4%Sightseeing Cruise Between Mandalay and Bagan13 Reviews
Duration: 11 Hrs
Embark on our RV Panorama and enjoy the warm sunlight and gentle breeze on upper deck. Downstream from Mandalay to Bagan, exp...
Save 4%7-Day Excursion from Mandalay to Yangon1 Reviews
Duration: 8 Days
Doing the highlights right is the mission for this 7 day excursion through Myanmar!Combining Mandalay with the ancient temple...
Save 4%Private Full-Day 4 in 1 Tour from MandalayNew on TripHobo
Duration: 10 Hrs
Join this private full-day tour to Mingun, Inwa (Ava) and Sagaing from Mandalay. You will explore and visit to many historica...