Mahamuni PagodaCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Pedestrian Path, Mandalay, Myanmar (Burma)
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +95-9798888894
- Ticket Price: 5435 MMK
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Legend says that when Buddha came to Dhanyawadi city in 554 BC, an image of him was made to worship after the King of Arakan was moved by his teachings. The life-like image was made from gold donated by the King and was blessed by the Buddha himself who stated that the image would last for 5000 years.
The statue itself is 3.83m and the sheer size of it, grabs your attention straight away. See the iconic image kept here at the Mahamuni Pagoda to relive the legend and if you are a man, you can even cover a small portion of the image with a gold leaf. The early morning ritual of washing the Face of Maha Muni Image, is a highlight for devotees.
- Entrance fee is USD 4 per person (~Burmese Kyat 5435.80)
- Every morning at around 4 am the Buddha image ritual is performed.
- By Trishaw (cycle rickshaw)
- By hiring a Motorcycle Taxi
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle/ Motorcycle
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mandalay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mandalay and book an accommodation of your choice.
55.25% of people who visit Mandalay include Mahamuni Pagoda in their plan
24.1% of people start their Mahamuni Pagoda visit around 07 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Mahamuni Pagoda
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mahamuni Pagoda