Mandalay PalaceCurrently Open
- Address: Mandalay Palace, Mandalay, Myanmar (Burma)
- Timings: 07:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 6795 MMK
- Time Required: 00:40 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids
Dating back to the mid 19th century, Mandalay Palace is the last palace built by Burmese Royals. The place was looted in late 19th century and was converted to form a fort for the British army, hence giving it its second name of ‘Mandalay Fort’.
Inside the palace you can see the original artifacts and a number of reproductions of royal thrones.
Other highlights include:
- A Watch Tower that stands at a height of 24 meters and offers a fabulous view
- Tooth relic tower that accommodates a Buddha statue
- The Great Audience hall
- Lion’s Throne room popular for the ornamented wooden throne
How to Reach Mandalay Palace
- By Trishaw (cycle rickshaw)
- By hiring a Motorcycle Taxi
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle/ Motorcycle
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mandalay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mandalay and book an accommodation of your choice.
68.61% of people who visit Mandalay include Mandalay Palace in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
38.74% of people start their Mandalay Palace visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Mandalay Palace
93.8% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mandalay Palace