Pa Hto Taw Gyi, Mandalay
- Address: Min Kun, Myanmar (Burma), Mandalay
- Ticket Price: 5436 MMK
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
About Pa Hto Taw Gyi, Mandalay
The Mingun Temple is an incomplete pagoda but was meant to be the largest pagoda in Myanmar. The temple dates back to the 18th century and even though the earthquake in 1839 left the structure with major cracks, the place is still a functional temple and has a statue of Buddha kept here.
The temple was built by using thousands of prisoners. The construction was stopped when a Prophecy was made that as soon as the temple was built, the King would die. Visit the place to see the beautiful architecture of the place and also the famous Mingun Bell- the second largest ringing bell in the world.
Pa Hto Taw Gyi Information
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Do wear sturdy shoes for the hike.
- Wearing sunscreen will help.
Pa Hto Taw Gyi Opening and Closing Hours
- The place is open daily during daylight hours.
- Recommended time of arrival: 9.00 am – 12.00 pm.
How To reach Pa Hto Taw Gyi by Public Transport
- By hiring a Motorcycle Taxi
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle/ Motorcycle
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mandalay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mandalay and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pa Hto Taw Gyi
95% of people who visit Mandalay include Pa Hto Taw Gyi in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
38% of people start their Pa Hto Taw Gyi visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Pa Hto Taw Gyi
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pa Hto Taw Gyi