Shwenandaw MonasteryCurrently Closed
- Address: Shwenandaw Monastery, Mandalay, Myanmar (Burma)
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 13590 MMK
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Monastery
The Shwenandaw Monastery is loved for its intricate art work, traditional architecture and exuberant décor that covers ever inch of the structure. The Monastery was built in the late 19th century under the order of King Thibaw Min who removed the old building, believing it to be haunted by the spirit of his father.
Today, the rich teak wood work that is seen all around the building, sets it apart form all the otherbuildingsaround the city.
- The 10 Jataka tale scenes depicted by carvings in wood and covered by gold
- Rare Myanmar carvings
- Gold interiors
- Per person: USD 10 (~Burmese kyat 13589.50) include admission fee for Atumashi Pagoda along with other attractions around Myanmar.
- By Trishaw (cycle rickshaw)
- By hiring a Motorcycle Taxi
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle/ Motorcycle
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mandalay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mandalay and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Mandalay include Shwenandaw Monastery in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
40.5% of people start their Shwenandaw Monastery visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Shwenandaw Monastery
94.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shwenandaw Monastery