Baz Bahadur's PalaceCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Mandu, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Cave, Monument, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Baz Bahadur’s palace is a part of the Hill Fort complex of Mandu. This place is an example of the rare most ancient rock cut architecture that dates back to the 5th and 6th centuries. These are just a few kilometers away from the headquarters of Dhar. These are a part of the 60 ancient caves cut monuments of that era. The oldest structures are namely Lohani Cave and the Sat Kothari Caves. The complex is divided into a few parts that are- Royal Complex, Hoshang Shah’s Tomb and Roopmati Pavilion.
The other very important attraction here is the Baz Bahadur Palace. This is exactly not in the same complex but is situated on the slope of the hill and the entrance is a climb of 40 big steps with landings at intervals. There is a passage on the sides of the majestic gateway that is lined with quarters for the guards.
This passage is followed by the main palace entrance. As soon as you enter this palace you will see a number of courtrooms, hallways, etc. at the center is a beautiful cistern. Beyond this huge hall is an octagonal platform that was once used to take a nice view of the lush garden outside the palace. The traces of this garden can still be found even when the palace is in ruins.
On the terrace is a platform that was used as a recreation area or a baradari from where the view of the fantastic surroundings can be admired. This is simply the most important palace complex to be visited in Mandu.
- Actual hours are from sunrise to sunset.
- Visit during the daytime is preferable as there is no proper lighting facility after dusk.
The following charges are applicable to the entire Royal Group of Monuments, separate from the Village Group of Monuments.
- Rs 5 for Indians.
- Rs 100 per person for foreigners.
- Rs 25 for video cameras.
- The nearest railway station is the Indore Junction BG Train Station.
- The nearest airport is the Devi Ahilyabai Hollkar International Airport, Indore.
- At the location itself, it’s best to drive around in your own vehicle or to rent a scooter.
- Ganga Jamuna Restaurant
- Shivani Restaurant
- Indore Dhaba
- Baba Ka Dhaba
- Badhri Dhaba
- Mahakali Dhaba
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mandu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mandu and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Mandu include Baz Bahadur's Palace in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
49.02% of people start their Baz Bahadur's Palace visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Baz Bahadur's Palace
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Baz Bahadur's Palace