Hindola MahalCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Mandu, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Monument, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
Hindola Mahal - Review
The Hindola Mahal in literal English means the swinging palace. It is located in the ruin city of Mandu in Madhya Pradesh and is a part of the palace complex of Mandu. It was built during the reign of Hoshang Shah according to some sources but on the other hand some say that it dates back to the reign of Ghiyas-ud-din. It was used then as a durbar hall to host royal audiences. The companions of this monument in the same complex are the Tawili Hall and the Nahar Jharokha.
The Hindola Mahal is of an exclusive T shape with thick walls on all sides. The monument has one large hall and the walls here are quite inclined thus giving it the unique name. The walls also help in ensuring that the outer walls do not exert pressure due to their inclination on the inner walls. Each side has 6 pillars each which make arches and have doors in the lower part. The windows are all made of the ancient stone work designs that were made to let abundant light and air come inside the hall.
The cross bar of this hall is almost of the same proportion. The upper level is vast that looks over the hall and the other part extends its arms like that in a cross. The architecture of this palace represents the traditional Malwa style and reflects simplicity as well as boldness and strength. The pointed arches are an example that the Malwa style of architecture of that time had the influence of the Delhi Mughal style of architecture.
Hindola Mahal Information
- Visit during the daytime is preferable as there is no proper lighting facility after dusk.
Hindola Mahal Ticket Prices
The following charges are applicable to the entire Village Group of Monuments, separate from the Royal Group of Monuments.
- Rs 5 for Indians.
- Rs 100 per person for foreigners.
- Rs 25 for video cameras.
How To reach Hindola Mahal by Public Transport
- The nearest railway station is the Indore Junction BG Train Station.
- The nearest airport is the Devi Ahilyabai Hollkar International Airport, Indore.
- At the location itself, it’s best to drive around in your own vehicle or to rent a scooter.
Restaurants Near Hindola Mahal
- Ganga Jamuna Restaurant
- Shivani Restaurant
- Indore Dhaba
- Baba Ka Dhaba
- Badhri Dhaba
- Mahakali Dhaba
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mandu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mandu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Hindola Mahal
95% of people who visit Mandu include Hindola Mahal in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
62.66% of people start their Hindola Mahal visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Hindola Mahal
68.47% of people prefer walking in order to reach Hindola Mahal
Hindola Mahal Map
Hindola Mahal Trips
Hindola Mahal, Mandu Reviews
All QuestionsHindola mahal
- Union Baptist Church
- Ford Chapel Baptist Church
- Salvation Lighthouse Church
- Little Zion Baptist Church
- Sweet Home Baptist Church
- Westside Church Of Christ
- Christ Episcopal Church
- Mexia Revival Center
- Lake Mexia
- Kindom Hall
- Lonestar Cowboy Church
- First Christian Church
- Calvary Baptist Church
- Pt Enterprise D&W Ranch Airport
- Gibbs Memorial Library