Hoshang Shah's Tomb225 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Mandu, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Tomb
The Hoshang Shah’s Tomb is a part of the Hill Fort complex of Mandu. This place is an example of the rarest ancient rock cut architecture that dates back to the 5th and 6th centuries. These are just a few kilometers away from the headquarters of Dhar. These are a part of the 60 ancient caves cut monuments of that era. The oldest structures are namely Lohani Cave and the Sat Kothari Caves. The complex is divided into a few parts that are- Royal Complex, Hoshang Shah’s Tomb and Roopmati Pavilion.
The most important attractions in this complex are-
- Hoshang’s Tomb: This is a mausoleum built of marble. It faces the entrance porch on the North but the entry is from the South. The gateways are decorated with exclusive carvings and designs that look like ornaments on the ruins. The blue enamel background is so stunning along the whole gateway. The main cenotaph of Hoshang Shah is beautiful. It is in the shape of a cascade and has a mihrab on it. There are other tombs also below this and a few among them are also as beautifully made of marble.
- The Dharmashala: It is on the western side of the Hoshangh Shah’s tomb in the fort complex. It has a large hall with columns making sections within. The intricately carved flat roof represents Hindu style of architecture. On the contrary, the long narrow hall with vaulted ceiling is an example of pure Islamic style of architecture.
Hoshang Shah's Tomb Travel Tips
- Visit during the daytime is preferable as there is no proper lighting facility after dusk.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hoshang Shah's Tomb
The following charges are applicable to the entire Village Group of Monuments, separate from the Royal Group of Monuments.
- Rs 5 for Indians.
- Rs 100 per person for foreigners.
- Rs 25 for video cameras.
How to Reach Hoshang Shah's Tomb
- The nearest railway station is the Indore Junction BG Train Station.
- The nearest airport is the Devi Ahilyabai Hollkar International Airport, Indore.
- At the location itself, it’s best to drive around in your own vehicle or to rent a scooter.
- Ganga Jamuna Restaurant
- Shivani Restaurant
- Indore Dhaba
- Baba Ka Dhaba
- Badhri Dhaba
- Mahakali Dhaba
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mandu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mandu and book an accommodation of your choice.
73.53% of people who visit Mandu include Hoshang Shah's Tomb in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
75% of people start their Hoshang Shah's Tomb visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Hoshang Shah's Tomb
91.07% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hoshang Shah's Tomb