Hoshang Shah's Tomb, Mandu
Hoshang Shah's Tomb, Mandu - Address
Address: Mandu, Madhya Pradesh, India
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2.2K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Tomb
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Hoshang Shah's Tomb, Mandu
The Hoshang Shah’s Tomb is a part of the Hill Fort complex of Mandu. This place is an example of the rarest ancient rock cut architecture that dates back to the 5th and 6th centuries. These are just a few kilometers away from the headquarters of Dhar. These are a part of the 60 ancient caves cut monuments of that era. The oldest structures are namely Lohani Cave and the Sat Kothari Caves. The complex is divided into a few parts that are- Royal Complex, Hoshang Shah’s Tomb and Roopmati Pavilion.
The most important attractions in this complex are-
- Hoshang’s Tomb: This is a mausoleum built of marble. It faces the entrance porch on the North but the entry is from the South. The gateways are decorated with exclusive carvings and designs that look like ornaments on the ruins. The blue enamel background is so stunning along the whole gateway. The main cenotaph of Hoshang Shah is beautiful. It is in the shape of a cascade and has a mihrab on it. There are other tombs also below this and a few among them are also as beautifully made of marble.
- The Dharmashala: It is on the western side of the Hoshangh Shah’s tomb in the fort complex. It has a large hall with columns making sections within. The intricately carved flat roof represents Hindu style of architecture. On the contrary, the long narrow hall with vaulted ceiling is an example of pure Islamic style of architecture.
Hoshang Shah's Tomb Information
- Visit during the daytime is preferable as there is no proper lighting facility after dusk.
Hoshang Shah's Tomb Ticket Prices
The following charges are applicable to the entire Village Group of Monuments, separate from the Royal Group of Monuments.
- Rs 5 for Indians.
- Rs 100 per person for foreigners.
- Rs 25 for video cameras.
How To reach Hoshang Shah's Tomb by Public Transport
- The nearest railway station is the Indore Junction BG Train Station.
- The nearest airport is the Devi Ahilyabai Hollkar International Airport, Indore.
- At the location itself, it’s best to drive around in your own vehicle or to rent a scooter.
Restaurants Near Hoshang Shah's Tomb
- Ganga Jamuna Restaurant
- Shivani Restaurant
- Indore Dhaba
- Baba Ka Dhaba
- Badhri Dhaba
- Mahakali Dhaba
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mandu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mandu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Hoshang Shah's Tomb, Mandu Reviews - Write a Review
It was great experience to visit there. It is historical place. But MP govt will pay attention then it will be more beautiful.
Hoshang Shah's Tomb is a mausoleum built entirely of marble. The interior is plain but for the ornamental mouldings such as the miniature arches with blue enamel background running all along the rim of the dome.The main sarcophagus is carved in the form of a casket with receding bands and with a mehrab moulded at the top. There are other graves also below the dome.
Very good place for picnic trip or family trip. Here we see the historic monuments built by indian kings .the best time to visit this place is during the rainy season Because during this we get a golden opportunity to touch clouds or take a selfie with them as they come very near to us. We also see the ancient chakki's that were used these days and also the ancient caves that kind used to hide themselves when someone attacked their territory.
It's an amazing experience to travel to such a historical place. It's indeed a mesmerising and leisurely place to experience the architectural significance of the place ❤️
One of the Best Place in Mandav(Mandu) front part is for people congregations and back part is a tomb.