Jahaz Mahal232 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Jahaz Mahal, Mandu, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Garden, Historical Site, Monument, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fountain
The Jahaz Mahal is said to have been constructed during the reign of Muhammad Shah I Khilji. During the transfer of Malwa from Dhar to Mandu many artisans were also transferred and brought here to build forts, palaces, tombs, museums, etc. these artisans who came from Delhi were experts in the Tughlaqid style of architecture depicted through the simplicity in planning and design. The Jahaz Mahal was built during the latter part of the 15th century, on a narrow strip of land between two lakes called the Munj Talao to the west and the Kapur Talao to the east. This palace has an adjoining palace also known as the Taweli Mahal. There are a number of water bodies and fountains around the palace and the beautiful garden circling it. There is also a fantastic bath pool at the back side of the Jahaz Mahal.
Jahaz Mahal Travel Tips
- Visit during the daytime is preferable as there is no proper lighting facility after dusk.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jahaz Mahal
The following charges are applicable to the entire Royal Group of Monuments, separate from the Village Group of Monuments
- Rs 5 for Indians.
- Rs 100 per person for foreigners.
- Rs 25 for video cameras.
Jahaz Mahal Hours
- Actual hours are from sunrise to sunset.
How to Reach Jahaz Mahal
- The nearest railway station is the Indore Junction BG Train Station.
- The nearest airport is the Devi Ahilyabai Hollkar International Airport, Indore.
- At the location itself, it’s best to drive around in your own vehicle or to rent a scooter.
- Ganga Jamuna Restaurant
- Shivani Restaurant
- Indore Dhaba
- Baba Ka Dhaba
- Badhri Dhaba
- Mahakali Dhaba
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mandu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mandu and book an accommodation of your choice.
82.27% of people who visit Mandu include Jahaz Mahal in their plan
73.21% of people start their Jahaz Mahal visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Jahaz Mahal
52.94% of people prefer walking in order to reach Jahaz Mahal