Rani Roopmati Pavilion205 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Mandu, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Monument, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Rani Roopmati’s Pavilion is a part of the Hill Fort complex of Mandu. This place is an example of the rare most ancient rock cut architecture that dates back to the 5th and 6th centuries. These are just a few kilometers away from the headquarters of Dhar. These are a part of the 60 ancient cave cut monuments of that era. The oldest structures are namely Lohani Cave and the Sat Kothari Caves. The complex is divided into a few parts that are- Royal Complex, Hoshang Shah’s Tomb and Roopmati Pavilion.
This palace stands a view beyond the Baz bahadur Palace. The construction of this palace dates back to the early 16th and 17th centuries. The original structure was plain in its design but had an exclusive architectural style. It has a low based large hall with two rooms on either side. The slopes of the lower part of the rooms are quite sloped and are heavy as compared to the structure of the hall. The corridors in the basement have stunning pillars with arched basement as the roof and the base for the next level built on the slope. The reason for the slope is that the monument is built on the slopes of a hilly terrain. The western part that juts out has a cistern chamber that was used to store rainwater during those times. The modern thought and planning even so many years ago is really remarkable.
Rani Roopmati Pavilion Travel Tips
- Actual hours are from sunrise to sunset.
- Visit during the daytime is preferable as there is no proper lighting facility after dusk.
Entrance Ticket Details For Rani Roopmati Pavilion
The following charges are applicable to the entire Royal Group of Monuments, separate from the Village Group of Monuments.
- Rs 5 for Indians.
- Rs 100 per person for foreigners.
- Rs 25 for video cameras.
How to Reach Rani Roopmati Pavilion
- The nearest railway station is the Indore Junction BG Train Station.
- The nearest airport is the Devi Ahilyabai Hollkar International Airport, Indore.
- At the location itself, it’s best to drive around in your own vehicle or to rent a scooter.
- Ganga Jamuna Restaurant
- Shivani Restaurant
- Indore Dhaba
- Baba Ka Dhaba
- Badhri Dhaba
- Mahakali Dhaba
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mandu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mandu and book an accommodation of your choice.
72.7% of people who visit Mandu include Rani Roopmati Pavilion in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
70.45% of people start their Rani Roopmati Pavilion visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Rani Roopmati Pavilion
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rani Roopmati Pavilion