Kadri Manjunath Temple878 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kadri, Mangalore, Karnataka- 575002, Mangaluru, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +910-8242214176
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Kadri Manjunatha Temple is located in Mangalore in district of Kadri in Karnataka. It is a square temple with 9 tanks and is located on the foothills of the highest mountain of Karnataka. The construction of the temple dates back to the 11th century.
The earliest reference of it is the epigraphy done here during the 10th century. It is written there that King Kundavarma Bupendra of the Alupas Dynasty caused the establishment of the Lokeshwara Statue in the Kadarika Temple. Kadarika is the earliest name and the name Kadri is due to the influence of Buddhism here.
Shri Krishna Janmashtami is the main festival here as Lord Krishna is the prime deity. The acts of the childhood of Lord Krishna where he stole butter and curd are enacted on this day. A pot filled with butter or curd is hung high from somewhere with a rope and young men and children form human pyramids and then try to reach the top and break it. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Mangaluru Itinerary 3 Days.
Kadri Manjunath Temple Travel Tips
- Photography is not allowed inside.
- Footwear is not allowed inside.
- Do not carry heavy luggage.
How to Reach Kadri Manjunath Temple
- The nearest airport is the Kammannugundi Airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Mangalore Central Train Junction.
- Idli Shop
- Cherry Square
- Deja vu
- Coconut Grove Family Restaurant
- Hao Ming Chinese Restaurant
- Pop Tates
- Froth on Top
- Sana Dige
- Kabab Studio Restaurant
- Banjara Restaurant
- Multi Cuisine Restaurant,
- Bon Bon Bakery
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mangaluru before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mangaluru and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.79% of people who visit Mangaluru include Kadri Manjunath Temple in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
57.89% of people start their Kadri Manjunath Temple visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kadri Manjunath Temple
94.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kadri Manjunath Temple