Panambur BeachCurrently Open
- Address: NH- 66, near New Mangalore Port Trust, Mangalore, Karnataka, 575010, Mangaluru, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +910-8242427391
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Beach, Water Body, Waterfront, Play Ground, Walking Area, Leisure, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Panambur Beach - Review
The Panambur Beach is located a few kilometres away from the main city of Mangalore and is known for its clean waters and sands and safety maintenance measures. This is the most popular beach here. The most crowds are found during the colourful carnivals organized here by the district authorities.
It is the first time in the country that this whole beach and its activities are managed and supervised by a private concern here known as the Panambur Beach Tourism Development Project. They have taken many efforts to create awareness among the visitors about the need of keeping our beaches clean. The Panambur Beach has been awarded with the title of the ‘Cleanest Beach in The Country’.
The activities here include jet-ski rides, boating, dolphin viewing, food stalls, trained beach lifeguards and petrol vehicles, private parties, promotional events, competitions, etc. the Kite flying festival is organized here every two years and the picture of the beach at this time is a visual treat. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Mangaluru Itinerary 3 Days.
Panambur Beach Information
- The recommended time to visit is during the daytime.
- Cottages are available for a longer stay here.
- Carry sun-glasses and umbrellas to beat the heat during daytime.
How To reach Panambur Beach by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Kammannugundi Airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Mangalore Central Train Junction.
Restaurants Near Panambur Beach
- Pure Vegetarian Restaurant
- Krishna Dive in Family Restaurant
- Shetty Ice Creams
- Marine Food packers
- Salvista Restaurant
- City Lunch Home
- Chicken Tikka Halal
- New Cinema Restaurant
- Foodland Restaurant
- Janata Delux
- Bon Bon Bakery
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mangaluru before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mangaluru and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Panambur Beach
95% of people who visit Mangaluru include Panambur Beach in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
57.31% of people start their Panambur Beach visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Panambur Beach
84.88% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Panambur Beach
Panambur Beach Map
Panambur Beach Trips
Panambur Beach, Mangaluru Reviews
Known for its cleanliness and safety, this is the city’s most visited beach. The beach aura warms up during the carnivals, organized by the district authorities. The festivities include boat races, beach sports and sand sculpture contests. Besides, the kite festival, organized every year, attracts participants from across the country and also abroad during the International Kite Festival held every 2 years at here at Panambur Beach Mangalore. In a first of its kind initiative in the country, the beach is completely run and maintained by a private enterprise, the Panambur Beach Tourism Development Project to ensure that the beach is maintained, clean and safe so as to attract visitors in large numbers and create awareness among the public about the need to keep our beaches clean so as to preserve our nature and maintain ecological balance. Due to the good maintenance of the beach by Panambur Beach Tourism Development Project, Panambur Beach has been awarded as one of the cleanest & best maintained Beaches in the country
One of the popular beaches in Mangalore. It will be crowded during weekends and public holidays. Amenities are very poor. They did build lot of changing rooms. But all that you can find inside those changing rooms are beer bottles and stagnant urine. And yeah, they got no door either. Good beach. But poorly maintained.
One of the best beaches of Mangalore, though is crowded in the evenings, is pleasant and worth visiting. But be careful with those kite flyers as threads keep flying all around the place since this is the major activity of the beach. From the main road, it would be around 1.5 to 2 km. You get a lot of auto rickshaws from there to the beach entrance. The sunset view is amazing. As the sun sets in the deep blue water the colours of the sky and the sea surface gives you sublime serene feelings... Awesome..!!
This is a nice place to visit in hot summer days there are some shop and restaurants where we can enjoy after a fun time there is also beech life guard that provide security to the people. The bleach is clean compared to sultan battery but far from the centre of the city. If you want to visit the beech you can take bus no. 46C something I'm not sure sorry for that but I hope you find this reoprt helpful. Thank you
Review dated : July 17,2018. Public is not allowed to enter to water. You can only sit n watch from 20mtrs distance. Restrictions likely to continue for another couple of weeks. This is due to heavy rain around. Waves are almost touching the shops here
All QuestionsPanambur beach
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal