Edgy art and gutsy people give Manila a rare mix that makes it an intrepid traveller’s dream come true. A megacity that has endured the worse and birthed the best out of it, Manila is big on heart and even bigger on courage. Like any city in metamorphosis, Manila showcases some glaring contrasts ; dizzy skyscrapers alongside poignant poverty . But this doesn’t take away from its grand persona and flawless hospitality that tourists can’t have enough of. Pry a bit and you can discover hidden gems in this beautiful city; indie music pubs and ephemeral galleries that beckon you to shed off your perceptions about Manila and look at it as the thriving cultural centre that it truly is. Travel to Manila with an open heart and an open mind, the most amazing sights await your eyes!
Any regular Manila travel guide will tell you that the city is situated on the eastern coast of Manila Bay, but what only you can experience is the breathtaking sunset from the bay that will leave you completely inspired. Manila tourism is a bit of everything; smiling faces , gastronomic indulgences and a glorious history that the city celebrates in every corner. Each one of you should visit Manila at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Manila.
Essential travel information and Manila tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +8hours. No daylight saving time is observed.
- Currency: Philippine Peso
- Electricity: 220 Volts, 60 HZ. Power sockets A, B, C.
- Internet: Philippines has one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Many ISP are available, Wifi is available at high-end hotels.
- Language: Filipino and English.
- Emergency Contacts: 911
- Tipping: Optional at restaurants, coffee shops and bars. Recommended to bellman at the hotel. Appreciated everywhere.
Safety tips and Local Customs:
- Beware of pickpockets.
- Avoid travelling alone at night.
- Take proper vaccinations and always carry mosquito repellents on your visit.
- Avoid eating on the streets, never buy cut fruits and drink water from packaged bottles.
Manila Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Manila. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Manila trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Manila
Save 20%Amazing Manila