Located between Sydney harbor and Pacific Ocean, Manly beach is one of the Australia’s popular beaches along the northern coastline. It got its name in 1788 by Captain Arthur Philip, as he was fascinated by the “Confidence and the Manly behavior” of the aboriginal population.
The 1.5 kilometer long beach of Manly is home to a plethora of activities, and natural attractions to engage the locals and tourists alike. Go for a bushwalk, take a bike ride, visit the historical sites and museums to understand the history and culture of this beautiful beach, talk a walk on the Scenic walkway, or head to North Head Sanctuary to get acquainted with the native birds and animals. Scenic beauty along with the warmth of the locals plays an important role in an ever increasing tourism to Manly.
Play beach volleyball with the locals, or go kayaking or scuba diving. There are also many restaurants and cafes alongside the beach, if you are tired from the activities and need some refuel. Dance away at the pubs, or splurge on weekends when a flea market is on, selling handmade crafts.
Be sure to carry a copy of Manly’s travel guide from the Manly Tourist Information Booth. It will help you navigate around the city with ease.
Essential travel information and Manly tips for your visit
- Visit Manly Tourist Information Booth. It’s the first thing you would see as you step outside of the Wharf. Get hold of a map, or a guide or a brochure to help you navigate your way through Manly.
- Carry a sunscreen and a hat. Australia tends to get very hot, and more so during the peak hours. Re-apply sunscreen every few hours and keep your head covered by wearing the hat. It would be best to spend the peak hours at one of the lounges or bars sipping chilled beers.
- Needless to say, carry your best swimwear, along with towels, flip-flops, and camera.
- Be safe while at the beach. There are red and yellow flags posted, and make sure to swim between the flags. Be mindful of any warnings posted at the Lifesaving station.
- Safe keep the valuables at the locker available, instead of carrying them along at the beach. There are chances of theft at the beach. Better still, leave your valuables at the hotel.
- Do not drink at the beach as it is prohibited and will attract a fine.
- Carry your own lunch as the restaurants on the beach tend to be over-priced. Get your lunch at the Coles super market, and save money for the dinner.
- Do not park at the Beachside, as it turns out to be an expensive affair. Use a public transport instead, unless you are looking at spending a couple of hours at the beach.
Manly Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Manly. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Manly trip planner.