How to Reach Marathias - The Easiest Way to Reach Marathias
- By Plane: The easiest way to reach Marathias is to reach Corfu "IoannisKapodistrias" airport (CFU) (IATA) which iswell connected to most of the important destinations in the world. Check out with Aegean and Olympic airlines that have regular flights to this airport. Sky Express connects Preveza and several other islands such as Kefalonia, Zakinthos, Kithyra and Heraklion to Corfu. From corfu, you can take a taxi to Marathias, easily available from outside.
- By Ferry: If you wish to enjoy the beauty of Greek sea, it would be better if you commute to Corfu through ferry boat from Athens. It takes around one and a half hours to reach Corfu fromIgoumenitsa. From the port in Patra, the trip to Corfu lasts 7 -8 hours, but it is very comfortable because the ferry boats are luxurious.
- By Car: Marathias is well connected to Corfu’s main ports and others in Greece through roadways.
- By Rented Car: Since Marathias is a well visited tourist destination in Greece, there are many agencies that can offer you cars on rent through which you can easily roam around the whole of resort at your own ease.
- By Taxi: Taxis can be easily hired from almost all the locations in this resort town. The taxi fares are just as they are fixed. There is also the option taxi-meter charge for non-frequent destinations.
- By Bus: The best mode to get around in Marathias is Green Bus services which depart from New Port to all the villages of Corfu Island. Regular buses go to Paleokastritsa,Sidari, Kavos, Roda, Acharavi and Kassiopi.
- On Foot: Marathias can be explored on foot as the place is not so big. Moreover, the beach can be best enjoyed on foot.
Are you looking for a Marathias travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Marathias
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Marathias. The most preferred mode of transport in Marathias is Walking.
Average distance: 4.67 km Average time: 20 min
Walking 42.86%Walking 10.67 min Motorbike 1 min Overall average time for 1.33 kms 11.67 min
Bus/Trolleybus 14.29%Bus 30 min Waiting 15 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 11 kms 50 min
Car 28.57%Driving 17.5 min Overall average time for 6.5 kms 17.5 min
How to Reach Marathias from Nearby Cities
|Whitstable to Marathias||2475.32 km||41 hours 15 mins|
|Birmingham to Marathias||2818.29 km||46 hours 58 mins|
|Cardiff to Marathias||2890.67 km||48 hours 10 mins|