This whole place could have turned out quite differently if not for the Florida Keys Land & Sea Trust. People wanted to turn it into a residential area and a shopping mall. Instead, you’ve got 63 acres of nature trails, which, aside from being challenging all on their own, also contain the following attractions:
- Adderley House: The oldest house in Monroe County outside Key West.
- The Crane House: An art deco wonder built by those after whom the Crane point is named - Francis and Mary Crane.
- The Point: An incredible view of the Florida Bay.
- The Crane Point Museum: Simulated coral reef, a historical canoe, pirate leftovers, the Bellarmine Jug (a shipwreck artefact), and other Florda Key wildlife. You can even catch some fish at the lagoon.
- The Sunset Boardwalk: Walk along the shoreline, see ospreys, mangroves.
- Butterfly Meadow: Plants and their insect lovers.
- The Marathon Wild Bird Center: It has rehabilitated 16000 injured birds and set them back into the wild. It’s near the Crane House.
Entrance Ticket Details For Crane Point Museum And Nature Center
- For Adult: 12.50 USD
- Seniors (65+): 11.00 USD
- Children (5-13)- 8.50 USD
- Free for children under 4.
- Panda House
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Marathon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marathon and book an accommodation of your choice.
62.18% of people who visit Marathon include Crane Point Museum And Nature Center in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
41.18% of people start their Crane Point Museum And Nature Center visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Crane Point Museum And Nature Center
91.84% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Crane Point Museum And Nature Center