Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters220 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 11710 Overseas Highways, Marathon, FL 33050, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3054073262
- Ticket Price: 20 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Observatory, Aquarium, Family And Kids
So shark, rays, iguanas, a replicated coral reef and other marine goodies are the order of the day. A general admission will get you through all the viewing areas, Q&A with resident marine biologists, and the tide pool touch tank, hungry tarpons, and the shark tank feeding events… but if you really want to play with pretties here, you have pony up equally pretty pennies. These would be the Encounters (each of which lasts from 45-90 minutes), as listed below:
- Coral Reef – The most advanced encounter package puts you into the ecosystem.
- Nursery – All about baby rays and sharks.
- Stingray – Feed a stingray on your lap.
- Lagoon – Learn basic lagoon snorkelling.
Since some of the encounters have extensive requirements and timing details, please check before you go there.
Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters Travel Tips
- Specialised services are available for people with disabilities. Call ahead and plan.
Entrance Ticket Details For Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters
- USD 20 for adults, USD 15 for 4-12 years of age.
- General Park admission does not include Encounter prices.
- Encounter prices: Coral Reef Encounter– Dive- $130.00 / Snorkel- $95.00.
- Nursery Encounter– Adult $25.00 to reserve 1 person + $10.00 per additional person.
- Stingray Encounter– Adult $65.00 / Child $65.00.
- Lagoon Encounter– Adult $30.00 / Child $30.00.
- Carly’s Coffee
- Frank’s Grill
- Burger King
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Marathon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marathon and book an accommodation of your choice.
55.84% of people who visit Marathon include Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
40.54% of people start their Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters
88% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters
Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters Reviews & Ratings
We had such an amazing experience here and the memories this place can create will be with you for a lifetime. The employee Skip was the most friendly employee we have ever met and made the whole experience exceed all expectations. Well done!
Great attraction. Friendly atmosphere. Touch tanks are a nice touch as well as being able to feed the rays. Skip stood out with knowledge and passion of the aquarium and the sealife that is there. All the staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
We were hired to provide our services for a wedding this past weekend. My only complain is the loading and unloading can be a little rough for us DJs. Other than that it was a pleasant experience. The staff were extremely helpful in helping me get power to where I was setting up at. The young lady that was overseeing the event was extremely helpful with any questions or concerns. The venue was perfect and everything was beautiful. Thank you.
We visited this aquarium on our trip last week. This place had so many cool creatures to see and touch. Very kid friendly. One employee, Skip, was so informative and fun with the kids. He answered the 1,000 questions my 4 year old had with a smile. He walked from tank to tank giving her all the information she asked. He even came to find us when they were feeding the tortoises so she didn’t miss it. We had a great experience!!!
My daughter is 16 months, and when we took her to the stingrays touch tank, I couldn't get her to leave! She absolutely loved it. Such a great place to visit, take families and learn 😊