Pigeon KeyCurrently Open
- Address: Pigeon Key Foundation & Marine Science Center, P. O. Box 500130, Marathon, FL 33050, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 11 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Waterfront, Observatory
This tiny 5-acre island is incredibly historically important. Every building here is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The island got it’s name from the white-crowned pigeons that once roosted here, but it’s main claim to fame is the bridges that were built using this island as a base, including the Seven-Mile bridge. Though the old bridge still crosses it, the exit ramp way onto the island has been closed down. There is talk of restoring it. The Pigeon Key Foundation manages the island. Currently the only way to get to it is by foot on the old bridge, or by ferry/boat. Contact the foundation if you feel like hosting your wedding, family reunions, church group retreats or corporate retreats here. One of the buildings here is a Railroad Museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Pigeon Key
- Students under 14 years to upto 14 years 8.50 USD.
- Free for under 4 years of age.
How to Reach Pigeon Key
- Ferry departs from the Pigeon Key Visitor Center (Knight's Key) mile marker (MM) 47 - Depart ferry- 10 a.m, 12 p.m and 2 p.m. Return ferry at 10.20 a.m, 12.20 p.m, 2.20 p.m, and 3.45 p.m.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Marathon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marathon and book an accommodation of your choice.
49.75% of people who visit Marathon include Pigeon Key in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
22.22% of people start their Pigeon Key visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Pigeon Key
91.77% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pigeon Key