Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse86 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Cape Naturaliste Rd, Dunsborough WA 6281, Australia, Margaret River
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +61-897553955
- Ticket Price: 14 AUD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Light House, Landmark, View Point, Family And Kids, Tower
Though less famous than the Cape Leeuwin lighthouse, this striking white building serves as both a navigational aid and as a weather station. A notable personality who worked here was Felix von Luckner, an assistant keeper expelled for his affair with the head keeper’s daughter; he would later go on to become a decorated German hero during WWI. From the top, you’ll sometimes be able see dolphins; during July and August, you may see migrating whales. Even if you’re not that lucky, it won’t be a loss – the views of the ocean are dramatic enough to keep you occupied. As this tower isn’t too high – only 59 steps to the top – kids of all ages are allowed up. At the tower’s feet, you can stroll along some charming trails.
Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse Travel Tips
- Food and drink may be had a cottage nearby.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse
- Adult: $14
- Child: $7
- Family: $36
- Extra child: $4
Base Walk (unguided):
- Adult: $4
- Child (up to 16 years): $2
- Family: $10
Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse Hours
- There is a climbing tour every 30 minutes starting at 9:30am. The last tour is at 4:30pm.
- The lighthouse is open till 5pm during school holidays.
How to Reach Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse
- This is a 45 minutes drive from Margaret River.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Margaret River before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Margaret River and book an accommodation of your choice.
15.03% of people who visit Margaret River include Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
59.09% of people start their Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse