You know a place doesn’t take itself seriously when it calls itself ‘Cowtown’. In what may be the largest and most committed public art exhibition, the entire town – monuments, buildings and residents alike – theme themselves after cows. This bovine obsession is hilarious, cheeky, and utterly adorable.
Must do things:
- Get your picture clicked with some of the 42 life-sized fibreglass Friesian cows and calves around town.
- Taste wine, fudge, and beef at one of the restaurants and cafes.
- Check out the artisan boutiques and shops.
- In July, the Town holds its birthday, an event known as Deja Moo.
- Swim in the peacefulCowaramup Bay, which nevertheless has some fantastic surf breaks.
- Ask the locals about the actual history behind the town’s name. It may surprise you.
How to Reach Cowaramup
- You’ll have to drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Margaret River before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Margaret River and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.92% of people who visit Margaret River include Cowaramup in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
73.33% of people start their Cowaramup visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
4 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 4 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Cowaramup
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cowaramup
People normally also visit Yallingup while planning their trip to Cowaramup.