Jewel Cave158 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jewel Caves Rd, Deepdene WA 6290, Australia, Margaret River Map
- Timings: 09:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +61-897577411
- Ticket Price: 23 AUD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, Geological Formation, Family And Kids
With three ginormous chambers, this is the biggest show cave in Western Australia. The natural formations here - stalactites and helictites suspended from the ceiling, are among the most beautiful in the world. The straw stalactite found here is one of the longest in the world. The guide usually narrates the stories of the Tasmanian Devils who fall into the cave and are unable to climb out. At the end of your cave tour, you’ll find the Karri Walk.
The Karri Walk is kid oriented; its signs clearly delineate the trail, and mark its photograph opportunities such that click each picture feels like an achievement. It goes through a karri and paperbark forest to reach the Old Post Office building at the Denmark River Mouth.
Helictite: A curving stalactite that looks like it was grown in zero gravity.
Jewel Cave Travel Tips
- There’s a cafe on site, and an interpretative centre.
- This further south on the Cave Road from Margaret River than Lake Cave or Mammoth Cave.
- There are additional tour times during holidays. Call the management to find out more details.
- The Karri Walk takes 1-2 hours.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jewel Cave
- Kids (4-16 years old): 12.50 AUD
- Family of four: 58 AUD
Jewel Cave Hours
- Tours happen at 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm, and 3.30pm.
- Tours last an hour.
How to Reach Jewel Cave
- The caves are at a 20 minute drive south (25 km) from Margaret River.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Margaret River before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Margaret River and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Jewel Cave Address: Jewel Caves Rd, Deepdene WA 6290, Australia, Margaret River
- Jewel Cave Contact Number: +61-897577411
- Jewel Cave Timing: 09:30 am - 04:30 pm
- Jewel Cave Price: 23 AUD
- Best time to visit Jewel Cave(preferred time): 09:30 am - 03:30 pm
- Time required to visit Jewel Cave: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
26.16% of people who visit Margaret River include Jewel Cave in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
78.79% of people start their Jewel Cave visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jewel Cave
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jewel Cave
People normally club together Lake Cave and Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse while planning their visit to Jewel Cave.
People also prefer to start their day with Jewel Cave.