Lake Cave311 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lake Cave, Caves Rd & Conto Road, Forest Grove WA 6285, Australia, Margaret River
- Timings: 09:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +61-897577411
- Ticket Price: 23 AUD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, Geological Formation, Family And Kids, Nature
This natural wonder beats out Margaret River’s many famed wineries for the top spot in the city’s tourist attractions. Inside the cave is a tranquil lake. Above the lake’s waters is what’s popularly known as a ‘suspended table’ - a brilliant collection of crystals that reach down from the ceiling to the surface of the water. The part that takes your breath away is the reflection of the crystals on the water. The cave is lit up so that the tranquil surface can barely be told apart from the natural formations above it. It’s the only cave on this entire ridge that has a permanent lake. At the cave, you’ll also find an interactive exhibit that explains the geology and history of the cave and other caves in the region.
You can only visit the cave via guided tours that take place once every hour beginning in the morning.
Lake Cave Travel Tips
- There's a cafe on site.
- There's a popular camping area east of the cave. It’s called Conto's Campsite.
- Mammoth Cave has a similar tour, and it’s close to Lake Cave.
Entrance Ticket Details For Lake Cave
- Kids (4-16 years old): 12.50 AUD
- Family of four: 58 AUD
Lake Cave Hours
- Tours happen at 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm, and 3.30pm.
- Tours last an hour.
How to Reach Lake Cave
- The caves are at a 20 minute drive south (25 km) from Margaret River.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Margaret River before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Margaret River and book an accommodation of your choice.
56.75% of people who visit Margaret River include Lake Cave in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
69.61% of people start their Lake Cave visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Lake Cave
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lake Cave