How to Reach Mariposa, California
The Easiest Way to Reach Mariposa
There are many routes that will take you to the beautiful city of Mariposa.
- By air : There are a couple of airports near the city that are well-connected with other parts of the world. The nearest commercial airport is Merced Regional Airport/Macready Field whereas Mariposa-Yosemite Airport is a public airport which is only 6 miles away from the city. Even private charter planes can also fly into this airport. Another option is to catch a flight going to the Fresno Yosemite International Airport which is around 70 miles away.
- By train : The nearest passenger train station from Mariposa is Merced. You can use Yosemite Area Regional Transit System to reach the city. It usually takes less than an hour.
- By bus : Yosemite Area Regional Transit System, popularly known as YARTS, will take you in and around the city.
- By road : Highway 140 is the main route that you can take to reach Mariposa as this highway connects the city to nearby towns. There are many car rental services you can choose from that will take you to the city center.
A most popular form of transport within the city is car or taxi. You can also walk around as the main tourist attractions are near the city center and are easy to reach on foot.
Are you looking for a Mariposa travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
- How to reach Fresno
- How to reach San Jose
- How to reach Sacramento
- How to reach Santa Cruz
- How to reach Oakland
- How to reach Big Sur
- How to reach San Francisco
- How to reach Napa
- How to reach Reno
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Los Angeles
- How to reach New York City
- How to reach Chicago
- How to reach Las Vegas
- How to reach Seattle