Djemaa El FnaCurrently Open
- Address: Rue el Ksour , Marrakesh, Morocco
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Square, Street Market, Street Food
This grand square adjoining the Palace Jemma El Fna is a pot pourri of smells, colors and textures. Like a neighborhood out of an exotic movie, this place is full of esoteric and simply unbelievable sights and sounds. You’ll see old morocco men enjoying a game of cards over a shisha in one corner, you’ll encounter over-zealous shopkeepers and street chefs vying for your attention, you’ll come across fascinating magic potions, alladin-style lamps and magic carpets on sale and yet you are the exotic foreigner for them!
Djemaa el Fna can be many things to a tourist ; a chaotic but entertaining circus, an overwhelming experience or an exasperating confrontation with the reality of Morocco. For all this and much more, this place warrants a visit. Don’t miss out on the scrumptious local cuisine on offer at the innumerable food stalls. After all, the best way to visit a new place is through your stomach!
Djemaa El Fna Travel Tips
- Stick to Bottled water.
- Use your bread as a bowl instead of using the cutlery and crockery that is offered on the food stalls.
- Don’t forget to haggle around a bit before settling on a price.
How to Reach Djemaa El Fna
- Take the Local sight seeing bus or even any of the local municipal buses, all of which stop at Djemaa El Fna.
- There a number of food stalls in this area.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Marrakesh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marrakesh and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.67% of people who visit Marrakesh include Djemaa El Fna in their plan
56.1% of people start their Djemaa El Fna visit around 06 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Djemaa El Fna
86.49% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Djemaa El Fna