How to Reach Marrakesh
HOW TO GET TO MARRAKESH
- By Plane: The Marrakech-Megara Airport has direct flights scheduled from London, Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Paris and Madrid. Charter planes are available from all over Europe. After getting down at the Airport, you can take a taxi or a bus to get to the main city centre- the Medina, which is 5 kilometers away.
- If you are flying from USA, Canada, Asia or anywhere else, the flights are up to Casablanca. This is direct train service from Casablanca to Marrakech. You can also take a bus or a taxi from Casablanca to Marrakech. The journey will take around 3 hours.
- By Train: There is a well connected train system in Morocco and there are direct trains from Casablanca, Rabat and Tangier to Marrakech. You can also book the ticket online on the Moroccan Railway website. This is the ideal option if you are travelling alone.
- By Bus: A number of bus companies provide the bus service to Marrakech from cities like Agadir, Safi, Casablanca, El Jadida, Essaouira, Fez, Meknes, Ouarzazate, Rabat and Taroudant.
HOW TO GET AROUND MARRAKESH
The center point of the city is known as Medina and it is accessible by almost every kind of commutation.
- By Foot: Although there will be a lot of tiresome walking involved, start up your GPS and explore this city in your own way.
- By Bus: There are multiple bus lines available at a reasonable cost that can take you almost everywhere in the city. There is also a City sightseeing bus with a ticket valid for 24 hrs. The ticket will be accompanied by a set of headphones which will act as an audio guide and will be available in 8 languages. This is a hop on, hop off bus and you can easily have a guided tour of the city with this facility.
- By Caleche: (pronounced ketches) You can hire a unique and romantic ride on a small-horse carriage at Square de Foucauld. Make sure you fix the prices before you get on the ride.
- By Taxi: The taxis are easily available but the drivers always try to trick you into paying more. Be precise about how much you are paying because the meters generally do not work. You can also pick a shared taxi or a petit taxi where driver +3 passengers are taken in and you share the cost.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Marrakesh. The most preferred mode of transport in Marrakesh is Car.
Average distance: 20 km Average time: 15 min
Car 100%Driving 10 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 20 kms 15 min