Jardin Majorelle, Marrakesh
Jardin Majorelle - A Quick Overview
Address: Av. Yacoub el Mansour, main entrance on side street Guéliz, Marrakesh.
Ticket Price: 30 MAD
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
Added 15.5K times in trip plans
Garden, Leisure, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Jardin Majorelle, Marrakesh
Like an oasis is to a dessert, this garden is a big relief in middle of the rhythmic chaos of Marrakesh. It took Jacques Majorelle 40 years to create this passionate symbol of love and symbiotic co-existence. And oh what a marvelous job he did! Adopted by the uber glamorous Yves Saint Laurent who gave it a fresh lease of life and converted it into a crowd-pulling, awe-inspiring abode of love.
A number of birds dance hypnotically around the rare trees and shrubs of Jardin Majorelle. Fountains laugh gloriously and the multicolored bougainvillea enchants the wearied soul. Bamboo thickets give this garden lovely shades of green and the lush flora whisper tales of legendary lovers.
One can head to the Berber museum which is a part of this 2-acre haven, designed by Paul Sinoir, to witness the personal collection of paintings and artifacts of Pierre Berge and Yves Saint Laurent.
Since it’s a popular sight in Marrakech, it often gets crowded by enthralled tourists but even the crowds don’t take away from the tranquility of this heaven on earth.
Jardin Majorelle Information
- No Picnics are allowed in the garden.
- Both the garden and museum are wheel chair accessible.
Jardin Majorelle Ticket Prices
- Admission fee for garden is 15 dh for children.
- For Museum it is 15 dh for adults and 10 dh for children.
Jardin Majorelle Opening and Closing Hours
- Ramadan Month- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
How To reach Jardin Majorelle by Public Transport
- Take the bus line no.1 towards Gueliz to reach Jardin Majorelle.
- The city sightseeing buses also stop here. You can also hire a taxi or a caleche.
Restaurants Near Jardin Majorelle
- The cafe Bousafsaf is located inside the garden and offers beverages and light snacks.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Marrakesh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marrakesh and book an accommodation of your choice.