- Address: Rue Riad Zitoun el-Jedid,Marrakech, Morocco, Marrakesh
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
A visit to this old Jewish neighborhood would be a great way to experience life in Marrakesh as a local, away from the touristy areas. Once a thriving colony of Jewish traders, it is now in a dilapidated state. Even so, it is easy to imagine the everyday life of Jews in this neighborhood that has more or less remained the same through the years.
Your local guide will be able to arrange for a visit to the synagogue and other places of interest in the area. You will be able to buy spices and other silver souvenirs at better prices than rest of Marrakech here.
- Enter through the adjoining Kissaria market.
- It is better to take a guide so as not to get lost and to understand the history of the neighborhood better.
- The bus no 1 will drop you off close to the Mellah.
- Dar Sohane
- Pepe Nero
- Marocain Al Baraka
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Marrakesh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marrakesh and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Marrakesh include Mellah in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
22.7% of people start their Mellah visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Mellah
62.59% of people prefer walking in order to reach Mellah