Mellah - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: Rue Riad Zitoun el-Jedid,Marrakech, Morocco, Marrakesh
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 12.5K times in trip plans
Walking Area, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
Our customisable travel planner helps you make your own itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Mellah, Marrakesh
A visit to this old Jewish neighborhood would be a great way to experience life in Marrakesh as a local, away from the touristy areas. Once a thriving colony of Jewish traders, it is now in a dilapidated state. Even so, it is easy to imagine the everyday life of Jews in this neighborhood that has more or less remained the same through the years.
Your local guide will be able to arrange for a visit to the synagogue and other places of interest in the area. You will be able to buy spices and other silver souvenirs at better prices than rest of Marrakech here.
- Enter through the adjoining Kissaria market.
- It is better to take a guide so as not to get lost and to understand the history of the neighborhood better.
How To reach Mellah by Public Transport
- The bus no 1 will drop you off close to the Mellah.
Restaurants Near Mellah
- Dar Sohane
- Pepe Nero
- Marocain Al Baraka
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Marrakesh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marrakesh and book an accommodation of your choice.
Mellah, Marrakesh Reviews
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Marrakesh
- Atlas Medina & Spa
- Excursions From Marrakech , Morocco Sahara Trip, Marrakech Desert Tours
- Atlas Mountains
- Hôtel Belleville Marrakech
- Les Secrets De Marrakech
- Bab Doukkala Mosque
- Mosquée Douar Barrada
- Marrakech Morocco Tour
- Atlas Mountain Park National De Toubkal
- Riad Alwachma