Saadian TombsCurrently Closed
- Address: Next to Kasbah Mosque, off rue de la Kasbah, Marrakech, Morocco, Marrakesh
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 10 MAD
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Tomb
Saadian Tombs - Review
The Saadian tombs are a reminder of the lengths that a King could go to keep his hierarchy, even after his death. A glaring showcase of unapologetic superiority and brash pompousness, the tomb of Mansour Al Ahmed stands out from the rest of the 65 tombs like a shining star on a no-moon night.
This is also the only show-stopper of your visit to the Saadian tombs; the ornate, Italian-marbled, gold-polished resting place of the larger-than-life Saadian emperor. As irony would have it, the tomb was carefully hidden from plain sight for years till its chance discovery by an unsuspecting French General.
Most argue that a glimpse of the tomb is well worth the long wait in the boring queues, but it’s better to reach early to avoid the crowds.
Saadian Tombs Information
- Take a guide book with you because there is not much information available on-site.
- In case you have to wait in a long line outside the tombs, carry caps and plenty of water.
- If you take the help of a guide, an appropriate tip would be 15dh-25dh.
How To reach Saadian Tombs by Public Transport
- The best way to get here is on the Sight-seeing tour bus. In case of solo travel, hire a cab.
Restaurants Near Saadian Tombs
- Le Borjs de la Kasbah
- Restaurant El Bahia
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Marrakesh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marrakesh and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Saadian Tombs
95% of people who visit Marrakesh include Saadian Tombs in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
32.85% of people start their Saadian Tombs visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Saadian Tombs
78.63% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Saadian Tombs
Saadian Tombs Map
Saadian Tombs Trips
Saadian Tombs, Marrakesh Reviews
Interesting visit. Queues will no doubt be long during peak times. The architecture is rather beautiful and intricate. Very cheap entrance fee. Loved it.
You'll only need the morning to hit this stop. It's a small place. What takes a while is the line inside the tombs to see a special area, but other that it only costs 10 MAD to get in. They don't usually have change at the ticketing booth, so it miggt be wise to bring some before hand. There are also nice stores and cafes outside the mosque to kill some time or relax.
Pretty walk about for a few minutes, better to have a guide or read up a bit beforehand. Actually the best way to visit this place is from a high rooftop with cocktails. That rooftop would be La Sultana. Birds eye view 👁 with zero crowds .
A very overrated place. Took us forever to find this place, if only it was worth it but it's not. Small packed with tourists, a very long waiting line to see the the main attraction, take photos quickly and let others (two each time) i don't recommend this place at all. A waste of time. There are far better places in the city.
Smaller than expected. There are no signs to tell you about the tombs so bring a guidebook to get a better picture of the significance. Lots of beautiful rose bushes and a giant fig tree in the courtyard. The mosaic tiling is beautiful to look at in the sun.
All QuestionsSaadian tombs
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal