Saadian Tombs1435 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Next to Kasbah Mosque, off rue de la Kasbah, Marrakech, Morocco, Marrakesh
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 10 MAD
- Tags: Architecture , Tomb
The Saadian tombs are a reminder of the lengths that a King could go to keep his hierarchy, even after his death. A glaring showcase of unapologetic superiority and brash pompousness, the tomb of Mansour Al Ahmed stands out from the rest of the 65 tombs like a shining star on a no-moon night.
This is also the only show-stopper of your visit to the Saadian tombs; the ornate, Italian-marbled, gold-polished resting place of the larger-than-life Saadian emperor. As irony would have it, the tomb was carefully hidden from plain sight for years till its chance discovery by an unsuspecting French General.
Most argue that a glimpse of the tomb is well worth the long wait in the boring queues, but it’s better to reach early to avoid the crowds.
Saadian Tombs Travel Tips
- Take a guide book with you because there is not much information available on-site.
- In case you have to wait in a long line outside the tombs, carry caps and plenty of water.
- If you take the help of a guide, an appropriate tip would be 15dh-25dh.
How to Reach Saadian Tombs
- The best way to get here is on the Sight-seeing tour bus. In case of solo travel, hire a cab.
- Le Borjs de la Kasbah
- Restaurant El Bahia
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Marrakesh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marrakesh and book an accommodation of your choice.
66.47% of people who visit Marrakesh include Saadian Tombs in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
37.21% of people start their Saadian Tombs visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Saadian Tombs
86.92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Saadian Tombs