The Souks LaksourCurrently Closed
- Address: North of Place Djemmaa el Fna, Medina, Marrakesh., Morocco
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Flea Market, Street Market, Neighborhoods
The souks are a labyrinth of markets that offer almost everything under the sun on sale ; dates,nuts, spices, local produce, souvenirs and lots of ‘friendly’ advice from overzealous shopkeepers. The most famous souks are Semmarine,Zrabia,Cherratin,Attarin and Smata which are all inter-connected with each other.
The uninitiated will take at least an hour just to get acclimatized to the electric atmosphere of the souks. A visit to the souk could be an emotional, over-whelming experience just because of the sheer number of people, sights, smells and sounds.
Beware of the coaxing of keen strangers who promise you good deals and better products. Take an official, licensed guide with you if you are unsure about doing it yourself. The souks are sure to impress you and stay vivid in your memories for years to come.
- Beware of your belongings.
- Don’t forget to bargain for a good price.
- Check the quality of the products thoroughly before buying.
- A number of local buses stop very close to the souks. Look for buses no.8 and 9.
- There are a number of stalls selling fresh, local cuisine at the souqs.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Marrakesh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marrakesh and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Marrakesh include The Souks Laksour in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
41.56% of people start their The Souks Laksour visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Souks Laksour
80.26% of people prefer walking in order to reach The Souks Laksour