Are you looking for what to do in Marrakesh?
WHAT TO SEE
- Palmeraie: Also known as the green lung of Marrakech, this is a nomadic sub-destination located around the main city. The real oasis covering 13,000ha and 150,000 palm trees, the journey to La Palmeraie is also a picture perfect place with admirable villas and luxury hotels.
- Menara gardens: These are the gardens which are decorated with beautiful orchards and olive groves surrounding the 16th century pavilion built by the Saadi dynasty.
- Djemaa El-Fna: This is the cultural centre of Marrakech and there are a number of attractions located near this square which includes The Souks (suuqs), or markets of Marrakech, Koutoubia Mosque and Dar Si Saïd Museum. This is a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Saadian Tombs: Discovered in the late 20th century, these tombs were preserved for superstitious reasons, thanks to the blocked entrance for hundreds of years. These marvelously decorated tombs belong to the Saadi Dynasty and surprisingly have a few distinctive Jewish and Christian tombs too.
- El Bahia Palace and El Badi Palace: These are the antique palaces of Marrakech and are worth visiting.
- The medina- the centre of the city is buzzed with activities all day long. From snake charmers to melodious musicians, from extravagant aromas flying in the air to endless shopping sprees, you can pick your favorite to have a splendid time here in Medina.
When in Marrakech, you can have a relaxing bath at one of the Hammam’s, the traditional, antique spas. There are a variety of extensive treatments to choose from.
You can shop for authentic leather goods like shoes, crafted candle-holding lanterns, local spices, cashmere shawls and Argan oil-which is only produced in Morocco and is widely used in their cooking and beauty treatments. Another rare finds are the items made from the cactus silk available in vibrant colors and designs.
Below we have a list of things to do in Marrakesh and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Marrakesh getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Marrakesh with confidence.