Elphinstone Reef162 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Al Qusair - Marsa Allam Rd, Egypt, Marsa Alam
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Family And Kids, Scuba
Every diver enthusiast would know Elphinstone Reef as one of the most exciting places for diving in the world. This reef is replete with gentle, vibrant corals and fish species along with the terrifying ones such as hungry barracuda, dolphins and sharks. Here, the divers can swim with some of the most dangerous yet fascinating of sea fishes. Although this place is more for expert divers, there is still something for amateur ones to learn and see. Elphinstone reef is deep, dangerous yet alluring with caves embedded in it. The most interesting part about this reef is that it is shaped like a cigar making divers spellbound to it.
Elphinstone Reef Travel Tips
- If you want to dive at Elphinstone you must had an Advanced Open Water Diver certificate and you should have experience of at least 50 dives and also experience of deep diving, drift diving and rough sea conditions.
- Your guide should give you a comprehensive briefing and you should know what to do in the event of anything unexpected and also consider what to do if the current is stronger than anticipated.
Entrance Ticket Details For Elphinstone Reef
- There are many diving companies that have varied rates.
Elphinstone Reef Hours
- Go very early at around dawn for the best chance to avoid the crowds and also the most likely time to see sharks. By eight or nine o'clock the area can sometimes get quite congested.
How to Reach Elphinstone Reef
- By rented car from city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Marsa Alam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marsa Alam and book an accommodation of your choice.
32.86% of people who visit Marsa Alam include Elphinstone Reef in their plan
76.74% of people start their Elphinstone Reef visit around 07 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Elphinstone Reef
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Elphinstone Reef