Elphinstone Reef, Marsa Alam
About Elphinstone Reef, Marsa Alam
Elphinstone Reef, Marsa Alam - Address
Address: Al Qusair - Marsa Allam Rd, Egypt
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 303 times in trip plans
Water Body, Family And Kids, Scuba
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Every diver enthusiast would know Elphinstone Reef as one of the most exciting places for diving in the world. This reef is replete with gentle, vibrant corals and fish species along with the terrifying ones such as hungry barracuda, dolphins and sharks. Here, the divers can swim with some of the most dangerous yet fascinating of sea fishes. Although this place is more for expert divers, there is still something for amateur ones to learn and see. Elphinstone reef is deep, dangerous yet alluring with caves embedded in it. The most interesting part about this reef is that it is shaped like a cigar making divers spellbound to it.
Elphinstone Reef Information
- If you want to dive at Elphinstone you must had an Advanced Open Water Diver certificate and you should have experience of at least 50 dives and also experience of deep diving, drift diving and rough sea conditions.
- Your guide should give you a comprehensive briefing and you should know what to do in the event of anything unexpected and also consider what to do if the current is stronger than anticipated.
Elphinstone Reef Ticket Prices
- There are many diving companies that have varied rates.
Elphinstone Reef Opening and Closing Hours
- Go very early at around dawn for the best chance to avoid the crowds and also the most likely time to see sharks. By eight or nine o'clock the area can sometimes get quite congested.
How To reach Elphinstone Reef by Public Transport
- By rented car from city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Marsa Alam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marsa Alam and book an accommodation of your choice.
Elphinstone Reef, Marsa Alam Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful reef, lots of fish and the occasional oceanic white tip shark. We were lucky: even dolphins during the dive
One of the best dive spots in the Red Sea!
A good place to dive if ur lucky u'll get to find sharks there during the season mainly during september and october
Fabulous reef full of pelagic species
oceanic white tips! amazing dive site