Events and Festivals in Marsa Alam
Most of the festivals celebrated in Marsa Alam are those that pertain to the Red Sea Area:
- Eid al-Adha: This Islamic festival is one of the most important as it commemorates the willingness of Ibrahim to follow Allah's (God's) command to sacrifice his son Ishmael.
- Eid al-Fitr: This festival celebrates the Islamic New Year.
- Sham El Nessin: Sham el Nessim literally means the sniffing the breeze and thus marks the beginning of the spring. It falls immediately on the first Monday following the Coptic Easter and was related to agriculture in and fertility rites in ancient Egypt which were later attached to Christianity and the celebration of Easter.
- Moloud: This festival celebrates the birthday of the prophet.
- Revolution Day: Revolution day (25th July) is a public holiday in Egypt as an anniversary of the Egyptian revolution of 1952.
- Sinai Liberation Festival: Taking place on 25th April of each year, this festival commemorates the final withdrawal of the Israeli Defense Forces from the Sinai Peninsula in 1982, after 15 years of occupation.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Marsa Alam
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Marsa Alam
Save 4%Morning Desert Safari Trip By Quad Bike from Marsa AlamNew on TripHobo
Duration: 3 HrsBook Now
Save 2%Private Luxor Day Trip From Marsa AlamNew on TripHobo
Duration: FlexibleBook Now
Save 4%Private Day Trip to Best Monuments of Luxor from Marsa AlamNew on TripHobo
Duration: 14 HrsBook Now
Save 4%Sunset Desert Safari Trip By Quad Bike from Marsa Alam1 Reviews
Duration: 7 HrsBook Now