Arc De TriompheCurrently Open
- Address: Place Jules Guesde, 13003 Marseille, France Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +33-826500500
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
This gate used to mark the entry point into the city from the road to Aix-en-Provence. Usually such arches commemorate something specific, but after failing to confirm ending the American War of Independence at the the Peace of Paris in 1783, and remaining undecided on French victories in the Spanish Expedition, it was decided to be themed on the general idea of Victory. The architecture is based on Roman triumphal arches. The facade depicts scenes from the battles of Fleurus, Héliopolis, Marengo and Austerlitz. Eight allegorical statues include Devotion, Prudence, Resignation and Fortitude and Vigilance, Clemency, Energy and Temperance. It’s form is considered geometrically perfect.
How to Reach Arc De Triomphe
- Subway M2 stop Jules Guesde
- Subway M1 stop Colbert Hotel de Region
- Trams T2, T3 stop Sadi Carnot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Marseille before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marseille and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Arc De Triomphe Address: Place Jules Guesde, 13003 Marseille, France
- Arc De Triomphe Contact Number: +33-826500500
- Arc De Triomphe Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Arc De Triomphe(preferred time): 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Arc De Triomphe: 00:15 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.12% of people who visit Marseille include Arc De Triomphe in their plan
95% of people start their Arc De Triomphe visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Arc De Triomphe
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arc De Triomphe
People normally club together Plage Des Catalans and Biere De La Plaine while planning their visit to Arc De Triomphe.