Bibliotheque De L'alcazarCurrently Open
- Address: 58 CoursBelsunce, 13001 Marseille, France Map
- Timings: 11:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-491559000
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Entertainment, Theatre, Family And Kids
When it was first opened in 1957 this was a theatre and it was the hottest place in town. It’s reputation grew like fire and soon it was pulling in the biggest names in performances arts. But then a fire razed the theatre to the ground in 1873, and even though no one was hurt, when it reopened, it was a hotel. The hotel did host some great pantomimes and shows, and later in the 20th century, showcased movies. Shut down in 1966, destroyed in 1979, it was resurrected in 2004 as a municipal library of nearly 1 million documents, which include precious medieval manuscripts. There are still concerts and screenings held, but on a much smaller scale than before. It’s now thought of as one of the best library facilities in the region.
How to Reach Bibliotheque De L'alcazar
- Buses 31, 32, 70, 70S, 89, 97, 521, 526, 530, 533, 535 stop Barbusse Colbert
- Bus 55 stop Republique Carnot
- Tram T2, T3 stop Belsunce Alcazar
- Subway M1 stop Colbert Hotel de Region
- Subway M2, Tram T1 stop Noailles
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Marseille before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marseille and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Bibliotheque De L'alcazar Address: 58 CoursBelsunce, 13001 Marseille, France
- Bibliotheque De L'alcazar Contact Number: +33-491559000
- Bibliotheque De L'alcazar Timing: 11:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Bibliotheque De L'alcazar(preferred time): 11:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Bibliotheque De L'alcazar: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.08% of people who visit Marseille include Bibliotheque De L'alcazar in their plan
95% of people start their Bibliotheque De L'alcazar visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Bibliotheque De L'alcazar
People normally also visit Cours Julien And Place Jean Jaures while planning their trip to Bibliotheque De L'alcazar.