Eglise Saint-vincent De PaulCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: 1 Rue Barbaroux, 13001 Marseille, France
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-491485745
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
This 1886 neo gothic church was inspired by the designs of the Reims Cathedral and the Amiens Cathedral. It is a striking feature of Marseille’s sky, soaring high as if it were about rise off the ground. It was built on the site of an old convent and chapel of Reformed Augustinians. Highlights are:
- A statue of Joan of Arc in the front
- Bronze panels on the doors
- Stained glass rose window, and all the incredible stained glass
- The church spires rising 70 metres
- The regal pipe organs
- Check official website for Mass and Confession timings.
- Free entry
- Donations are appreciated.
- Metro M1 stop Canebiere
- Tram T2; Bus 49 stop Reformes Canebiere
- Bus 74 stop Thiers Reformes
- Bus 52 stop Grande Armee
- Metro M2; Tram T1 stop Noailles
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Marseille before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marseille and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.68% of people who visit Marseille include Eglise Saint-vincent De Paul in their plan
50% of people start their Eglise Saint-vincent De Paul visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Eglise Saint-vincent De Paul
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Eglise Saint-vincent De Paul
Must visit neogothic church in the Longchamp / Canebière area of Marseille. The massive round stain glass window lights up beautifully in the evening sun.
Beautiful church. Not too many people inside, so it is very calm. Not too much ornaments and gold. The light is shining through the coloured windows beautifully. Not too big. Enjoyable cool and a little smell of frankincense. And you don't have too pay for it. In my eyes better than Notre Dame de la garde.
Interesting to take a look at if you're in the neighborhood
Beautiful church .