Marseille loves music. It attracts many musicians and music-related events throughout the year. The most popular music festivals are:
- Marsatac in September: A festival of electronic music
- La Fiesta du Suds in October : For world music lovers
- Jazz des 5 continents in July : A jazz festival
- Festival du Wind : A kite festival that happens in September.
- Fete du Panier : A festival that celebrates the cultural, musical and gastronomical heritage of Marseille in June.
- LGBT Parade : The Gay-Lesbian parade is hosted in Marseille every year in July. It is full of color and has a unique flavor of festivities.
- Regattas : Marseille being a port-city, has a number of sailing festivals and regattas that are held throughout the year.