Housing Unit226 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 280 Boulevard Michelet, 13008 Marseille, France
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture
This apartment building was built after the second world war in response to the housing shortage in France. A large building was needed and quickly. Architect Jean-Édouard Jeanneret-Gris said Le Corbusie designed for the city a building the proportions of which were based on Modulor principles - associations to human morphology, the golden ratio and the Fibonacci sequence. The result was a construct of Brutalist architecture, and 337 homes in 23 designs, completed in 1952. It also has an internal street, a bookshop, bar and restaurant and rooftop gym and terrace. For its time, the building was practically a thing from the future. In 2016, the remarkable building was added to the World Heritage of UNESCO list. You can just walk into the building to check it out. The security guard in the lobby will let you know which areas are accessible to you.
Housing Unit Travel Tips
- Tours of the building are to be organised by the Tourist office and Convention Bureau.
- Groups of 10+ will have to email in their reservation request.
Entrance Ticket Details For Housing Unit
- EUR 5 for kids.
Housing Unit Hours
- Closed on Sundays and Mondays
- Tuesday to Saturday at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- On Saturday national holidays at 10 p.m.
How to Reach Housing Unit
- Metro line 2 direction "Dromel" stop "Rond Point du Prado.
- Bus: 21, 21 S, 22 S 22 to stop Le Corbusier.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Marseille before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marseille and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.17% of people who visit Marseille include Housing Unit in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
72.22% of people start their Housing Unit visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Housing Unit
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Housing Unit