Musee D'histoire De Marseille, Marseille
Musee D'histoire De Marseille, Marseille - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Centre Bourse, Square Belsunce, 2 Rue Henri Barbusse, 13001 Marseille, France
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 4.6K times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Natural History Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Musee D'histoire De Marseille, Marseille
In 1967, while digging to build a shopping centre in Marseille, the city uncovered a major archaeological heritage. The museum was built at first to house these and then to tell the story of Marseille exclusively. Apart from the archaeological findings (which include the hull of a 2nd century ship), there are 12 major exhibitions that cover:
- Prehistory and Antiquity
- Early Christianity
- Pottery in the Medieval era
- Development under Louis XIV (The Sun King)
- The works and designs of Pierre Puget
- The plague of 1720
- The Destruction wrought by Germans in WWII
The success of the museum lies in how it tries hard to be as interactive and immersive as possible through the innovative use of multimedia devices.
Musee D'histoire De Marseille Information
- Disability access enabled.
- Audio guides available for EUR 4.
- Closed on all Mondays except Easter and Whit.
Musee D'histoire De Marseille Ticket Prices
EUR 3 for
- Groups of 15 people
- Students 18 to 26 years outside the European Union.
- Persons over 65
- Volunteers device "all volunteers" set up by the City of Marseille for temporary collections (excluding category 1).
- Annual Pass holder all museums for temporary exhibitions.
- Teaching and escorts
- Youth under 18 years
- Students 18 to 26 years of the European Union - Disabled and escorts
- Artists (AGESSA / House of Artists)
How To reach Musee D'histoire De Marseille by Public Transport
- Buses 31, 32, 70 and others at Barbusse Colbert bus station.
- Trams T2 and T3 at Belsunce Alcazar light rail station.
- Subway M1 at Colbert Hôtel de Région station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Marseille before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marseille and book an accommodation of your choice.
Musee D'histoire De Marseille Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Marseille
Musee D'histoire De Marseille, Marseille Reviews - Write a Review
Huge Museum with a great and collectiom from ancient times until now. The objects are presented in a fine way and accompanied by historical maps and explanations. Most is also in English, some even in Italian and German. And in the garden there are the ruins of the old Greek and Roman port, gate,....
Friendly and helpful staff; information and audio in English. Well worth the visit - the history around death practices over the ages was particularly compelling.
It's great to visit with children. Touch screens keep the kids interested. The exhibits are impressive
Everything is in French so make sure you take a translator if you don't understand French.
Chronogically set up, a very modern museum with exceptional displays from the oldest city in France. If you have one museum to see in Marseille, it is this one.