Musee Du Terroir Marseillais3 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 5 Place des Heros, 13013 Marseille, France Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-491681438
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Family And Kids
This art, culture and ethnographic museum has a lot going on. Its aim is to showcase the 18th and 19th century Provencal lifestyle as evidenced by one of the most classic villages of that era - Château-Gombert. The permanent collection does this by recreating the rooms you might find in typical houses - the kitchen, the living room, the children’s room, shed, laundry, and music room. The highlights here include the games and doll collection, precious tapestries, a chandelier gifted to Napoleon, various paintings, household items, old instruments, decorative items, costumes, and antique furniture. The farmhouse room has field and gardening tools. Additionally, there is a collection of over a thousand figurines. There are nine rooms in all.
Also check out the La Table Marseillaise restaurant, the Provencal style hotel, the outdoor theatre, the library and the Mediterranean Garden.
Musee Du Terroir Marseillais Travel Tips
- Guided tours of 10+ groups by appointment.
- Groups of 20+ may visit outside of opening hours by reservation.
Entrance Ticket Details For Musee Du Terroir Marseillais
- Reduced young (7-14 years): 4 €
- Under 7 years free
- Individual guided € 14 (EUR 6 for 7-14 groups)
- Groups of 15+ (EUR 5 per person)
Musee Du Terroir Marseillais Hours
- Last entry 30 minutes before closing.
How to Reach Musee Du Terroir Marseillais
- Bus 1, 1S, 5 stop Palama Chateau Gombert
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Marseille before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marseille and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Musee Du Terroir Marseillais Address: 5 Place des Heros, 13013 Marseille, France
- Musee Du Terroir Marseillais Contact Number: +33-491681438
- Musee Du Terroir Marseillais Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Musee Du Terroir Marseillais Price: 6 EUR
- Time required to visit Musee Du Terroir Marseillais: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.12% of people who visit Marseille include Musee Du Terroir Marseillais in their plan
50% of people start their Musee Du Terroir Marseillais visit around 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Musee Du Terroir Marseillais
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Musee Du Terroir Marseillais
People normally club together La Cigaliere and Huveaune Pedestrian Path while planning their visit to Musee Du Terroir Marseillais.
People also prefer to start their day with Musee Du Terroir Marseillais.